Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I had my water filtration system installed Monday, now I have to figure out how to get appx 100 gallons of water away from the pump house. Anyone here built a French drain or have any suggestions? The water is pumped out of a 1 inch or 3/4 pvc out through the wall.
I buried 100 feet of cloth covered weeping tile to take sump water away from my house, it used to exit above ground-uphill from my septic field. My washing machine also uses this drain.
Dry summers it works awesome.
If i was to do it again- i would bury it another 4” deeper and tee on the end with another 50 feet.
Its maybe 4” below the surface now. I did it about 6 years ago.
Im thinking i need to do something like this along my driveway,as is flat and doesent run off very well.

I buried 100 feet of cloth covered weeping tile to take sump water away from my house, it used to exit above ground-uphill from my septic field. My washing machine also uses this drain.
Dry summers it works awesome.
If i was to do it again- i would bury it another 4” deeper and tee on the end with another 50 feet.
Its maybe 4” below the surface now. I did it about 6 years ago.
Im thinking i need to do something like this along my driveway,as is flat and doesent run off very well.

Yes I've seen fabric used for the material, sometimes with pipe. I may do something like this on a wet sloping part of my property, supposedly there's already a French drain in there but it needs help. There's a lot of natural ground water springing up in that area.

Frank do you do everything at your shop?
Pretty much. No alignments (yet)
And no a/c.
And i dont do vw or diesel work.
I like variety,like build a trailer
Or some machining on my lathe gives me a break with cars needing regular maintenance.

This is pretty funny!

I got to see one of these real time yesterday. A tow truck towing a car on a dolly lost his load. The car and the dolly rolled across the front of my truck, down into a ditch, smashing the car into a power pole, it was awesome!! I was flashing my headlights at the traffic coming from the other direction because I could see it all unfolding. The tow truck driver hops out of his rig and just stares at it with the stupidest look on his face....hilarious!

Happy Halloween!
clown.jpg

Morning motor heads....
Cheryl's surgery day...the stinky gall bladder is comin out!!
Doctor signed the paperwork, told her to stay home and R&R for a month....:wtf::BangHead::BangHead:
Wow, a month, I hope all goes well and she enjoys a couple weeks of he recovery ZMan

Wow. Good luck. Anyone else going to the doctor today? that makes 3 of us so far
I hope it's just three, good morning

Happy Halloween!
Our city did all the Halloween shtuff last night, 100 percent chance of thunder showers today and tonight.. Treva and I don't get any Trick or treaters here on the hill, gravel road and it's a dead end so :thumbsup:

Morning motor heads....
Cheryl's surgery day...the stinky gall bladder is comin out!!
Doctor signed the paperwork, told her to stay home and R&R for a month....:wtf::BangHead::BangHead:
Wish her well.

Late to the party, I didn't know you all were having major surgeries.
No surgery today, just an MRA on my right shoulder for surgery , die test today MRA in that damned machine that sounds like a hundred hammers banging... I talk to my bone doc on the second about my surgery , and recovery time... Getting old ain't for pussies :lol:

-
Back