Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I see the Mad Bomber is here, catching up.... Hey Karl !!!!!!!

FBombs03.png

Fixing up and old POS go-kart for the kids. Have to redo all the cobbled up steering linkages. Do you think Ackerman angles make any difference? Currently the 'tie rod' sits in front of the spindle. Thinking about moving it to the rear and make it slightly conform to Ackerman principles. Wonder if it'll be noticeable?

Fixing up and old POS go-kart for the kids. Have to redo all the cobbled up steering linkages. Do you think Ackerman angles make any difference? Currently the 'tie rod' sits in front of the spindle. Thinking about moving it to the rear and make it slightly conform to Ackerman principles. Wonder if it'll be noticeable?
Is it fast? If not,then no

Mini-rant warning. When you tell a waiter how you've just had the best Thanksgiving ever and you engaged him in long conversations, just to be extra nice he microwaved you a generous serving of his Grandma's sausage dressing which you gobbled down, and you ask if he'll serve you again on Saturday, throw a few extra bucks his way because guess what, Saturday you are not getting anything extra out of me, ya half-empty douche-bag!

It'll hit about 30 mph. Feels like you're doing 80! Unsafe as heck as is. I just want to 'safen' it up a bit..

Just don’t do what I did to my go kart years ago (I drove it one time after, never again)

I took the little 12 or 14hp motor off and transplanted a 4 Cylinder from a Suzuki GS750 Motorcycle onto it. That’s roughly a 110-120hp in-line 4 from a Muscle Bike that had a top speed of 150+ on a bike that weighed 700 pounds.

I thought it’d be a good upgrade for the go kart...

Now I wish I had that GS750 bike back, I was an idiot for butchering it just to use the engine on something that couldn’t handle it.

A lot of bike (too much bike for me), but they’re fun!

Mini-rant warning. When you tell a waiter how you've just had the best Thanksgiving ever and you engaged him in long conversations, just to be extra nice he microwaved you a generous serving of his Grandma's sausage dressing which you gobbled down, and you ask if he'll serve you again on Saturday, throw a few extra bucks his way because guess what, Saturday you are not getting anything extra out of me, ya half-empty douche-bag!
Some customers are just clueless selfish pricks.

It’s a long and tedious process to restore those old ads. Especially when they begin like this...

518349F8-F217-468F-A737-91AC86C9D67A.jpeg

340 sachs snowmobile engine in a go cart. 80 mph, beat a big block firebird to 70 mph.
On the highway it was all you coukd do to keep it between the shoulders. Guy in the bird backed off to keep from killing the go cart driver.

Some customers are just clueless selfish pricks.
Thanks, Dave. I hate it when I let stingy people get to me...in the shower just now I was able to adjust my attitude by remembering thank God I am not in Atlanta anymore, I get to live in a beautiful place and others come but they can't stay.

Well damn... the crack in the screen on my 72” CRT Magnavox opened up again.

It had been repaired 10 years ago. Maybe it’s time to upgrade to a new big screen. I suppose I could fuse the split together again, to buy some time. Really big new tv’s aren’t exactly cheap, so that’ll take some saving up.

The young guns, that hang out in my shop, have pulled one of the handrails loose, finally broke, all the way. So... Cold outside, but 68deg in here. Tear it down, move $hit, sweep, grind, fit, will weld later.
1123181427.jpg
1123181427a.jpg
1123181427b.jpg

1123181428.jpg

-
Back