Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Lost power the other night around midnight, started generator which is in it's new shed. At 0330 I woke up and could see power was on, went out to shut it down. Output fan had failed and was melted, whole enclosure was hot, could have burned down the shop. I tested this set up, not sure what happened, two Lasko fans, plastic grate and blade, maybe need to get all metal or run exhaust out of container with RV pipe extension.
Holy crap, you are very fortunate you did not have a bigger problem.

Lost power the other night around midnight, started generator which is in it's new shed. At 0330 I woke up and could see power was on, went out to shut it down. Output fan had failed and was melted, whole enclosure was hot, could have burned down the shop. I tested this set up, not sure what happened, two Lasko fans, plastic grate and blade, maybe need to get all metal or run exhaust out of container with RV pipe extension.
Surplus center has metal ones. I thought you did run the exhaust out? Get a extension somehow and wrap it with header wrap. You got lucky. I would add a simple temp switch to shut it down if it gets X hot. No idea what that would be.

Rich I have used this style switches in alot of things. All different temps and functions close when hot, open when hot etc, you can also get adjustable ones in different styles. I have onetemp. I would add something to shut it down say open the coil wire in excess temps to be safe. in the hops dryier that might just be what your looking for . Has a two function.

510-06500-PHOTO-Thermal-Switch-220%C2%B0F1.jpg

Last edited:
A few years ago I found a Doc in town. Private practice. easy to get to. Go when I need. Which was was pretty rare but got me to a surgeon for the hernia.
But he gave it up and went to work for some company running mediical related thing.
I've been getting by but really need to find a GP

My youth wasn't wasted. I was spent a lot by the end of the night.:poke::rolleyes:
Enough that I stay away from DNA tests and Ancestory.com. Sew your wild oats on Saturday night and pray for a crop failure on Sunday. :rofl::rofl:

I read that also. There has to be more to the story than what they're telling.
I know car owners here in Kansas, that have had to replace missing VIN plates and have legally done so.

Probably so but something's up I would think or there wouldn't be a bill going through? Seems nit picky, new rivets is the issue? Would think there's vin stamps elsewhere on the vehicle to verify with etc.

Coffee sure tasted good this morning, hope all is well with all you coffee crew :thumbsup:

Sort of a historical night last night, my son was on stage playing drums the same time I was on stage playing the drums :popcorn: he was in town and I was in the country intertwining with a butch of old and new friends, about 18 people :lol: my son had over 150 :thumbsup:

Fun evening last night.

We made it to Friday everyone

FedEx package left Georgia yesterday morning @6:32am. Arrived at Chicago @6:37pm. Arrived here @5:05am and is on a truck for delivery. A day late! :lol::lol:

upload_2022-3-18_7-24-3.png

Correct me if I’m wrong, you can use a 4 pin ECU with a 5 pin harness plug but not a 5 pin on a 4 pin harness right?

I removed the radiator core support on my duster, didn't know there was a stamped vin there.
Yep. but what’s weird at least to me is the A body, there’s also a VIN stamped on the removable hood latch support. My Chargers did not have that.

I know that there’s a vin in the trunk gutter, there’s a vin on dash, on the core support and on a bodies, on the removable hood latch support. So where else is there a vin

Crystal clear out there and 41° :D Weather geeks are pretty convinced wee will get wet tomorrow afternoon and evening. Remind me to go get the Express washed today to ensure that rainfall for tomorrow :lol:

Yep. but what’s weird at least to me is the A body, there’s also a VIN stamped on the removable hood latch support. My Chargers did not have that.

I know that there’s a vin in the trunk gutter, there’s a vin on dash, on the core support and on a bodies, on the removable hood latch support. So where else is there a vin

Engine block

-
Back