Stop in for a drink.

-
Wine is good when they finish the process and cook it into Brandy. :rolleyes: An old dairy farmer friend of mine told me years ago "You better learn how to bathe in wine, once those grape farmers start, there won't be no water." I still have a bottle of the wine he used to make in his milking barn. "No chemicals. No Filtration. No ****." was the wine master's motto. It's about 20% alcohol. I sure miss that old Portugee.

Wine is good when they finish the process and cook it into Brandy. :rolleyes: An old dairy farmer friend of mine told me years ago "You better learn how to bathe in wine, once those grape farmers start, there won't be no water." I still have a bottle of the wine he used to make in his milking barn. "No chemicals. No Filtration. No ****." was the wine master's motto. It's about 20% alcohol. I sure miss that old Portugee.
All you need is a still. Lol

:rofl::rofl:
Jack Daniels.jpg

:rofl::rofl: It was a great evening for BBQin on the porch with an adult beverage .. Not to mention the fine motorcycle ride before the adult beverage and the BBQ :D

5:00 somewhere. This is fun stuff. Take a cheap bottle of 150 proof Everclear. Double it with distilled water. Toss in some medium toasted white oak chips and in a couple weeks you have a smooth whisky. 75 proof on ice is nice.
Resized952018030295161354.jpg

We only use White Oak in the fireplace in these parts :rofl:. The cashier told me not long ago that Everclear is extinct now. Not so? Perhaps BevMo no longer sells it.

Oops, one of my Orange Shandy's sprung a leak. I tried some and it is pretty good stuff. It needs another week or so to mellow out though.
orange Shandy.jpg
orange shandy2.jpg

Spent some time brewing a red ale today. While waiting for fermentation to take place, my buddy gave me a couple 5 gal kegs to hold me over--one of Grapefruit Sculpin IPA (Ballast Point) and one of Brew Free or Die IPA (21st Amendment). It's a good weekend.

brewing.1.jpg

brewing2.1.jpg

brewing3.1.jpg

Last edited:
Spent some time brewing a red ale today. While waiting for fermentation to take place, my buddy gave me a couple 5 gal kegs to hold me over--one of Grapefruit Sculpin IPA (Ballast Point) and one of Brew Free or Die IPA (21st Amendment). It's a good weekend.

View attachment 1715148827

View attachment 1715148828

View attachment 1715148829
Sounds good. I carried a quart of Orange Shandy to the neighbors tonight for a sampling. I'm getting into this beer brewing thing.

-
Back