Trick Flow small block heads

-
i have used eddie is the past (2009) no problems with them at that time.

i would LIKE to buy the TF if they are as good as everyone claims. once a few people have results, and they are the real deal, i will definitely consider them.
as for this time and the near future, i will continue to use W2's for my builds and recommend them to other racers.

Good grief, guys are talking about street/strip stuff. Very few guys will use W2 heads on the street. I will be, but 99.999% won’t do it.

If nothing else, if the TF don’t out horsepower everything else (they will) the castings are so FAR superior to everything else it’s not even close. That alone makes them worth the money. They also fix some of the things I absolutely HATE about the edeljunk heads, like not filling in the back side of the guides. Again, to me, that’s a HUGE deal. And TF was smart enough to get rid of the stupid 1.6 exhaust valve and the flow and the shape of the exhaust port is far superior to anything in its class.

I know one thing for sure. I will never own one of those super quick small blocks. Someone on Facebook yesterday said he had 35,000.00 in his and hasn’t hit the track yet. He will probably have another 3000.00 plus dollars in convertors getting it dialed in from what I’m seeing. Hell the custom valve covers are 900.00.

I know one thing for sure. I will never own one of those super quick small blocks. Someone on Facebook yesterday said he had 35,000.00 in his and hasn’t hit the track yet. He will probably have another 3000.00 plus dollars in convertors getting it dialed in from what I’m seeing. Hell the custom valve covers are 900.00.

Can you post a link to that? I’d like to see it?

if i wanted to make more power then what i have now, i would use the W9 heads i have on the shelf.

as it sits now, the W2 will be the go to head and will be for many years to come. i wish you all the best with the Trick Flows but i'll stick to what is proven and has worked for thousands of racers and yes street/strip guys for many many years.

if i wanted to make more power then what i have now, i would use the W9 heads i have on the shelf.

as it sits now, the W2 will be the go to head and will be for many years to come. i wish you all the best with the Trick Flows but i'll stick to what is proven and has worked for thousands of racers and yes street/strip guys for many many years.

Well I’m known for mucking up post so I might as well muck up a TrickFlow Head post. I loved my W2 heads till I didn’t when I cracked on at the 1000 foot line costing me a fourth round race slowing the car a few .01’s. I felt it. As usual I let the car set and went bsing and watching racing action. When I went to pull the car in hours later I had a cylinder full of water. They cracked where they were known to crack in this model so I sold off my two sets of econo rockers and the W2 Victor intake I ported and moved on. I ran 9.80’s on four gallons of BP93 and a gallon of race gas for safety so easy it wasn’t funny. Stock 2.02 3/8 intake valve and I quit grinding as soon as I was up over 300 cfm which was so easy compared to the work I need to do on an Edelbrock Head to hit that number. Little.520 lift cam too.

I crystal ball says Trick flow for street/ strip power and for a potent race build the Indy 361.

Wow all this happened why I went to work! First and foremost I did not know yellow rose wanted trick flow heads to go to the supervalu store to get his depends...
:rofl:
...:lol:....

Myself I don't see where trick flow heads fall into the best category? For real fasr streetcar I'm not even sure if aluminum heads are needed. But if you wanted some I would think there would be a lot cheaper way to go. And then if you want to get into trickflow territory you might as well go with the W-2 or better I considered taking your car to the strip more often.. anything over 450 horsepower on the street is just burning the tires that much harder I guess...

Myself I don't see where trick flow heads fall into the best category? For real fasr streetcar I'm not even sure if aluminum heads are needed. But if you wanted some I would think there would be a lot cheaper way to go. And then if you want to get into trickflow territory you might as well go with the W-2 or better I considered taking your car to the strip more often.. anything over 450 horsepower on the street is just burning the tires that much harder I guess...

My son took me for two rides in his Duster and he about scared the be-je-bees out of me. One time at the track and once 1/2 mile from home. But times without heating the tires with Caltracks and radials. I’ll tell you right now it was on a 10 second pass. That sucker about dead hooked.

Last edited:

so does that mean an 800 horse Red Eye is a super, super tire burner that cant be driven?
Guys hook 2000 horse on the street all the time

so does that mean an 800 horse Red Eye is a super, super tire burner that cant be driven?
Guys hook 2000 horse on the street all the time
Oh come on stop being silly.. you talking about completely different cars... You must be watching too much Street outlaws or something LOL...

[QUOTE="B3422w5, post: 1972940473, member: 49591"]so does that mean an 800 horse Red Eye is a super, super tire burner that cant be driven?
Guys hook 2000 horse on the street all the time[/QUOTE]

Only if you have a small closed mind.

My son took me for two rides in his Duster and he about scared the be-je-bees out of me. One time at the track and once 1/2 mile from home. But times without heating the tires with Caltracks and radials. I’ll tell you right now it was on a 10 second pass. That sucker about deed hooked.
Good for you and your son and his caltracs on the street LOL...

Yeah that's exactly what I said you can quote me back there where I said a 800 horsepower red eye can't be driven LOL...
Boy this internet you can put words in anybody's mouth...

Buy whatever heads you want for whatever reasons you have and be done. One cheap *** mfr’s gold is a rich mfr’s junk. I thought the Speedmasters I got were badly machined (regardless of cost) and I decided to unload them ASAP and pay for something better and I got it. That’s just one indisputable fact.

Good for you and your son and his caltracs on the street LOL...

You are the one that brought up spinning. All I did was prove you wrong. Go ahead and give me your little sissy girl disagree but don’t judge others by what you can’t do. So put that in your purge pipe and psssss it.

You are the one that brought up spinning. All I did was prove you wrong. Go ahead and give me your little sissy girl disagree but don’t judge others by what you can’t do. So put that in your purge pipe and psssss it.
Okay now you got a name called stuff is that the way you get out of stuff over the internet? What did you prove you just ran your neck on the internet and then proved from that far away you can call me a little sissy girl.. funny I have yet in all my 53 years had another man come up to my face and call me a little sissy girl...
Over the Internet though people get pretty tough...

I was in my son's car once and it did this and that so that proves it... LOL...

I will stick by what I said. It’s fine to disagree but your little sissy girl red X’s for everything you disagree with gets old. Just disagree, tell us why, and move on. Your way isn’t the only way. Pssss pssss.

Damn what kind of engine was it

-
Back