Trick Flow small block heads

-
I will stick by what I said. It’s fine to disagree but your little sissy girl red X’s for everything you disagree with gets old. Just disagree, tell us why, and move on. Your way isn’t the only way. Pssss pssss.
I always tell why when I disagree! I disagree with you all the time but your Guru self are so full of yourself that you think you can never be wrong!.. I hate it when people disagree with me and don't say why! But I guarantee I'm right here not going anywhere and I'll tell you why I disagree with you. And first and foremost I just don't see you stepping up to my face and calling me that so I think it's real chickenshit for someone to say something like that via the Internet.. do you ever see me name-calling that's such a cowardly thing to do over the internet..

I always tell why when I disagree! I disagree with you all the time but your Guru self are so full of yourself that you think you can never be wrong!.. I hate it when people disagree with me and don't say why! But I guarantee I'm right here not going anywhere and I'll tell you why I disagree with you. And first and foremost I just don't see you stepping up to my face and calling me that so I think it's real chickenshit for someone to say something like that via the Internet.. do you ever see me name-calling that's such a cowardly thing to do over the internet..

I’m done with your childishness.
Psssss psssssss. And your hot air. Lol.

I’m done with your childishness.
Psssss psssssss. And your hot air. Lol.
My childishness LOL that's rich!.. If I'm going to call another grown man a name I'm going to do it to his face, quite honestly I'm embarrassed for you...
I've always considered people who use cursing is a way to disguise a lack of something more intelligent to say...
If a little red X hurts your feelers that much big guy I'll stop. I'm sure your ego is too big to let somebody disagree with you... People disagree with me all the time but I've got big shoulders I'll get through it.. I didn't mean to insult your Guru'ness...

i hope the tracks open soon so Mr. Santos and others can do some "real life" tests with these heads ;-) Damn Virus!

Michael

71350030-F66A-4C57-98F8-B72FE89FA408.jpeg
F35A4839-B4A1-4473-A6F3-FCDC9FD07B96.png
D3B15498-7BA1-4B5D-9717-45CB1AAD0090.png
Can you post a link to that? I’d like to see it?

Found it.

Wouldn't it be more be the ProCharger that's making the power than the heads?..
Take for instance my engine with all things remaining the same and I spent three k or more gettinggetting trick flow heads again all the bolts gaskets blah blah blah.. what I gained a hundred horsepower? Over my ported 596 heads? Or could I add a $3,000 pro charger...

Looks like it has Indy heads on it to me.

As far as faster street cars, I have a few customers with cars that run in the 9’s that are street driven.
No 450hp limit there.

700hp is the new 450hp.
My point was the necessity not weather it could be driven on the street. I'm sure you could put an alcohol burning full-blown dragster motor in an a body Mopar and drive it on the street. But at certain point is there a necessity for that much horsepower on the street? how much hook are you actually planning to get? I mean street tires, all-season radials that you can drive in the rain and that kind of thing daily driven...

Does your Duster have all season radials on it?
It did have them on it and it was like an ice skating ring... And that's from the slowest stroker on the Internet! Lol
I finally got drag radials and enjoy the car 10 times more on the street now. Kind of where I'm formulating my point from experience..

So, what I’m hearing is that if you have a car with a decent motor in it
..... something that makes a little power....... all season radials might not be the best tire choice.

That’s probably why the new Demon comes with other than all season radials.

Back to the TF head discussion.

My point was the necessity not weather it could be driven on the street. I'm sure you could put an alcohol burning full-blown dragster motor in an a body Mopar and drive it on the street. But at certain point is there a necessity for that much horsepower on the street? how much hook are you actually planning to get? I mean street tires, all-season radials that you can drive in the rain and that kind of thing daily driven...

i had a legit all motor 9 sec Duster i drove on the street for years. w5 headed roller motor
Car looked really stock. Not minitubbed, full interior, back seat, carpet, etc, etc. weighed little better than 3350 with me in it. dana, mild steel cage, etc.
Had 28 by 10 QTP’s on it. Super stock springs in stock location
At the track i would run the tires at 13.5 pounds. Car would go 1.34 60 foot in good air
On the street( and i drove it everywhere( except in rain) i ran 20 pounds in the tires.
I could foot brake it even with 20 pounds in the tires the car wouldnt spin more than maybe 20 feet and was ultra easy to control, get it out a little ways, pull it into second gear( 727) and it would dissapear.
With good tires its easy to hook anything like that on the street.
Go to a no prep race sometime. Zero glue. Guys way faster than 9’s get down the track time after time.
A 9 sec car “ feels” fast on the street. Mine was fully hooked up in second and third gear. The rate of acceleration is pretty darn astounding. That feeling is why its worth having such a car.
At the track when you dead hook, yes, you get more of the being shot out of a cannon effect, but i like both

i had a legit all motor 9 sec Duster i drove on the street for years. w5 headed roller motor
Car looked really stock. Not minitubbed, full interior, back seat, carpet, etc, etc. weighed little better than 3350 with me in it. dana, mild steel cage, etc.
Had 28 by 10 QTP’s on it. Super stock springs in stock location
At the track i would run the tires at 13.5 pounds. Car would go 1.34 60 foot in good air
On the street( and i drove it everywhere( except in rain) i ran 20 pounds in the tires.
I could foot brake it even with 20 pounds in the tires the car wouldnt spin more than maybe 20 feet and was ultra easy to control, get it out a little ways, pull it into second gear( 727) and it would dissapear.
With good tires its easy to hook anything like that on the street.
Go to a no prep race sometime. Zero glue. Guys way faster than 9’s get down the track time after time.
A 9 sec car “ feels” fast on the street. Mine was fully hooked up in second and third gear. The rate of acceleration is pretty darn astounding. That feeling is why its worth having such a car.
At the track when you dead hook, yes, you get more of the being shot out of a cannon effect, but i like both
What are qpt's?..

So, what I’m hearing is that if you have a car with a decent motor in it
..... something that makes a little power....... all season radials might not be the best tire choice.

That’s probably why the new Demon comes with other than all season radials.

Back to the TF head discussion.
My point with trick flow three pages ago was bang for the buck...
I think it was yellow rose that argued that they were basically the ultimate Street quality-wise and so forth...
and the minute I said bang-for-the-buck everybody took it as I said that trick flows aren't good or something like that which was not my point at all. every time I say something I have to repeat myself and say trick flow heads are great I guess I've never seen them up close. But from what I hear of the people who have they are beautiful jewels.. on the other hand what do I know when I open my Speedmaster heads they look like beautiful jewels to me... I'm not a guru I don't know the short side in the walls and all that. How the pedestals are better geometry and blah blah blah. I'm like others who just want to see some good bang for the buck.. if I was to drop my factory heads and put these trick flows on my car would I get $3,000 worth the bang? Would I drop more than a couple tenths at the track or would I just be able to brag I have the latest in the greatest. How much horsepower would I gain? I already hear it coming it depends on the combination...
I got to laugh when you bring up the 840 horsepower demon LOL well of course I put drag radials on it LOL have you ever tried driving one on the rain or on the freeway? Contrary to popular belief they're mostly just drag cars. They're far too expensive to be daily driving and are impossible damn near to drive in the rain LOL I only know second hand as I have a friend that has one.. not a close friend mind you but just somebody I know...

My point with trick flow three pages ago was bang for the buck...
I think it was yellow rose that argued that they were basically the ultimate Street quality-wise and so forth...
and the minute I said bang-for-the-buck everybody took it as I said that trick flows aren't good or something like that which was not my point at all. every time I say something I have to repeat myself and say trick flow heads are great I guess I've never seen them up close. But from what I hear of the people who have they are beautiful jewels.. on the other hand what do I know when I open my Speedmaster heads they look like beautiful jewels to me... I'm not a guru I don't know the short side in the walls and all that. How the pedestals are better geometry and blah blah blah. I'm like others who just want to see some good bang for the buck.. if I was to drop my factory heads and put these trick flows on my car would I get $3,000 worth the bang? Would I drop more than a couple tenths at the track or would I just be able to brag I have the latest in the greatest. How much horsepower would I gain? I already hear it coming it depends on the combination...
I got to laugh when you bring up the 840 horsepower demon LOL well of course I put drag radials on it LOL have you ever tried driving one on the rain or on the freeway? Contrary to popular belief they're mostly just drag cars. They're far too expensive to be daily driving and are impossible damn near to drive in the rain LOL I only know second hand as I have a friend that has one.. not a close friend mind you but just somebody I know...
I think some of the price you pay for with the TF heads is tied with quality. When we read all the garbage found with bad QC with a head like SM, or even Edelbrock lately, people say "where is the QC ?" Well, some don't like to pay for it. When you want a high quality head, it cost. So the price of TF heads isn't just in how much MORE horsepower they make vs a Eddy RPM head, but the quality as well. You don't NEED a Snap-On ratchet to get the bolt loose. You can get a duracraft for a 1/4 of the price.

I think some of the price you pay for with the TF heads is tied with quality. When we read all the garbage found with bad QC with a head like SM, or even Edelbrock lately, people say "where is the QC ?" Well, some don't like to pay for it. When you want a high quality head, it cost. So the price of TF heads isn't just in how much MORE horsepower they make vs a Eddy RPM head, but the quality as well. You don't NEED a Snap-On ratchet to get the bolt loose. You can get a duracraft for a 1/4 of the price.
100% agree..

100% agree..
When somebody says "somebody needs to prove to me they are worth their money on the ET slip" throws out the Quality factor. If they are only worth 2 tenths more than the Eddy, it doesn't mean it was a waste of performance money, if one considers the Quality. So many threads on this site about poor quality, poor fitting parts. Any part. Yet, when TF puts together a quality head, so many say "before I pay the extra 500 bucks, I want to see a big difference on the ET slip". Complain if they do, Complain if they don't... LOL

When somebody says "somebody needs to prove to me they are worth their money on the ET slip" throws out the Quality factor. If they are only worth 2 tenths more than the Eddy, it doesn't mean it was a waste of performance money, if one considers the Quality. So many threads on this site about poor quality, poor fitting parts. Any part. Yet, when TF puts together a quality head, so many say "before I pay the extra 500 bucks, I want to see a big difference on the ET slip". Complain if they do, Complain if they don't... LOL

And then they go and put a .480 lift cam in it and expect miracles. Lol.

WOW!!!... Again 100% agree.. but oddly enough you're the first one to come out and bash the hell out of me for putting 4k into quality Parts and machine work for my motor LOL.. I got to admit that came across pretty hypocritical...

-
Back