74 power wagon dream truck...

-
More glory...:thumbsup:..
IMG_20210510_162608.jpg
IMG_20210510_162620.jpg
IMG_20210510_162626.jpg

If I was trying to win a trophy at sema I would probably say there's one or two small flaws... BUT.. for little old me this is a great starting point. I keep in mind that if it gets scratched it's a truck frame, if it chips it's a truck frame, if something peels or I get a bigger flaw it's a truck frame...
Keeping it in perspective it's a great fantabulous start...

Looks excellent! Nice.

FYI, I had 3 new drive lines made for my ‘74 build.

1410 yokes/U-Joints, super HD splines, heavy wall seamless tubing. $1320.00 for all new shafts.

$60+.... For 12 bolts and nuts and 8 lug nuts...:BangHead:...
Was able to get the rear leaf springs on and paint the front brackets. Also painted the U-bolt brackets...
The brackets look like Xmas ornaments..
IMG_20210511_151701.jpg
IMG_20210511_151741.jpg

Would like to have seen more progress today, but it was one of those two steps forward one step back days..:mob:..
Got the rear springs and u-bolts on...
Got the front springs on...
Got the t-case bracket painted..
Got new grade 8 bolts and oil for t-case..
Picked up the drive lines $811.69..:soapbox:..
Even though I've got a six pack of satin black epoxy coming Monday I still needed two more cans now to keep moving... The third store I went to finally had it....:BangHead:...
And about the one step back LOL put the wrong u-bolts on one side on the back, wrestled the front right spring for an hour just to find out when I went to the other side I looked over and it was backwards:BangHead::BangHead:...
Tomorrow's a new day...
IMG_20210512_174224.jpg
IMG_20210512_174253.jpg
IMG_20210512_174306.jpg
IMG_20210512_174321.jpg

Last edited:
Looks excellent! Nice.

FYI, I had 3 new drive lines made for my ‘74 build.

1410 yokes/U-Joints, super HD splines, heavy wall seamless tubing. $1320.00 for all new shafts.
Which way did you Orient your bushings for your transfer case? I ordered the two sets you recommended but I'm not sure if I should put the big puck on top and the small pup between the frame and the transfer case which makes sense in one way and then another way I think about more cushion between the frame and transfer case LOL? But it is hanging from the frame so having more cushion on the back side and more surface on the back side to hold it from falling through?.

IMG_20210512_195059.jpg

Which way did you Orient your bushings for your transfer case? I ordered the two sets you recommended but I'm not sure if I should put the big puck on top and the small pup between the frame and the transfer case which makes sense in one way and then another way I think about more cushion between the frame and transfer case LOL? But it is hanging from the frame so having more cushion on the back side and more surface on the back side to hold it from falling through?.

View attachment 1715736702

Okay looked at pictures of your stuff on your thread and big goes on top and also I have that l bracket backwards LOL..
I'm telling you it's a two step forward one step back day. I even went out for dinner and wondered why the car was getting so hot and kept turning up the air condition when I looked down and seen the seat warmer was on..:rolleyes:..

Okay, yes you have it right. Oh man that’s looking really really nice. I shoulda done my frame. Lol. Eh. Next time.

I’m curious how you’re gonna run your exhaust. Gas tank on the driver side, transfer case on the other side with a drive line in the way....LOL. I’m gonna attempt to cross over somehow from the headers, go 2 into 1 and use a small little dynonax race bullet and dump out the side of the bed or before the rear axle.

I’m curious how you’re gonna run your exhaust. Gas tank on the driver side, transfer case on the other side with a drive line in the way....LOL. I’m gonna attempt to cross over somehow from the headers, go 2 into 1 and use a small little dynonax race bullet and dump out the side of the bed or before the rear axle.
My plan was to run the exhaust over to the passenger side and out the passenger side before the back tire. I was hoping to run dual pipes out the side with quiet mufflers.. I don't want a loud truck.. I did get that screaming deal on the headers... Probably a couple of quiet mufflers...

That looks fantastic! I took you off ignore. Don't make me do it again or I'll ride out there and jap slap you.

Trouble in Paradise...
Rear driveline to long??..
Nothing changed.. except the rear springs.. 4 inch lift springs I'd think I would need a longer driveline....?..
Took back in $117 to take out an inch...
:BangHead:....
I took 3 of the 5 inches from the homemade carrier bearing drop plate and it did fit but then the angle was too severe coming out of the carrier bearing headed down to the rear end and bound up the u-joint.. I need to weld that plate back to give it a full 5 inch drop and let them just take an inch out of the driveline..
IMG_20210513_145848.jpg
IMG_20210513_145746.jpg

Totally baffled here... I'm nervous about having them whack an inch off that rear drive line... The rear shackles are swung forward a couple inches it seems like because the truck is completely unloaded.... But when it's unloaded it shouldn't be banging and you'd think the more it was loaded it's going to get even shorter... Baffled just don't know what's going on here...

Why not wait until you get the truck together and on the ground before you get the shaft cut.
Stash it in the corner and move on until near the end of the build.

-
Back