Bostonian 71 demon

-
Tonight, I tackled several things on the car. First, the upper ball joints arrived, and they’re even better than I expected. Initially, I thought they’d be heavier than the old ones, but they’re only 0.2 pounds more. I could easily make up for that with titanium hardware or, worst case, shave off a few threads on the lathe. Next up was reaming the spindles to the right size and keeping everything square, which I handled on the drill press. Then I welded in the lower control arm mounts. After that, I went back to the ball joints and sorted out the new 772 cups. I wrapped up the night by pulling the windshield trim and the windshield so I can move forward with removing the dashboard and tackling the cowl and firewall.

IMG_2680.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_2681.jpeg

IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2685.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2688.jpeg

IMG_2689.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpeg

Great work! Thanks for taking us along with this journey. Can't wait to see it finished

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, I did a thing! But seriously, I pulled the dash out tonight. Now I’ve got to decide whether to go with fiberglass or stick with steel. On top of that, I got the new cups fitted to the upper control arms. The car's also scheduled for the chassis shop, so I’ve got a hard deadline — all my work has to be done by the end of April. After that, it’s off to the body shop by the beginning of August to let the real pros take over. And as if building the Hemi wasn’t enough, everything will be ready in time for late 2026.

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2697.jpeg

Plus, I ordered a fiberglass dash that weighs just 4 pounds, and I’ve got all the vintage contingency stickers I could ever need lined up. I’m also drawing heavy inspiration for the paint job from these Pro Stocks, so it’s going to look amazing once the new paint and lettering are done."

Image 48.jpeg

Image 43.jpeg

Image 16.jpeg

Image 7.jpeg

Image 50.jpeg

Image 49.jpeg

-
Back