Found my dads original 1971 duster!

-
Forgot to mention. The door panels are very wavy. It’s like their glue didn’t stick the vinyl down properly. I called PG classics and they are sending replacements as soon as their new stock arrives. They don’t want the old ones back either. So I’ll likely pull them apart and try re gluing them once I receive the new ones!

Auto Custom Carpet offered the console pieces when I bought my new carpet, but I don't know if they sell them separately. Can't hurt to ask.
I bet your dad was smiling when he heard it running and burning some rubber.
:thumbsup:

Auto Custom Carpet offered the console pieces when I bought my new carpet, but I don't know if they sell them separately. Can't hurt to ask.
I bet your dad was smiling when he heard it running and burning some rubber.
:thumbsup:
Cool. I’ll give them a look!
Ha, thanks!! He would have loved the sweet sound of the 340 for sure!

Blue with white/back interior car looks spectacular. Worth all the blood sweat tears to get it to where it is today.

Blue with white/back interior car looks spectacular. Worth all the blood sweat tears to get it to where it is today.
Thanks a million! My favourite part about the car that I remember from when I was a kid, was the colour. I always thought that it looked like a car out of a cartoon! Lol.
I’m surprised by how many people comment on it when I have it out for a drive, or take it to a cruise night….most of those saying how much they love the colour. Maybe it was a rare combination??

Thanks a million! My favourite part about the car that I remember from when I was a kid, was the colour. I always thought that it looked like a car out of a cartoon! Lol.
I’m surprised by how many people comment on it when I have it out for a drive, or take it to a cruise night….most of those saying how much they love the colour. Maybe it was a rare combination??
Rarely see that color combo and yeah it really pops!! And '71 was great year for 340 Duster too. A lot of ppl love Dusters out there. They have an extremely strong following.

Rarely see that color combo and yeah it really pops!! And '71 was great year for 340 Duster too. A lot of ppl love Dusters out there. They have an extremely strong following.
Thanks! Ya, it sure does pop! I am trying to find white inner door handles and plastic brackets. Doesn’t look like anyone makes them. I’ll likely have to order black ones and paint them. Mine are cracked and damaged

Hey guys. Quick question. I got home from a drive and noticed a very slight pinhole leak on the top of rad where a previous repair was done. I’ll include a picture. Would regular plumbing solder work to repair it? I’ve soldered many household plumbing fixtures and even complete houses when I used to build. Just not sure if the solder is the same. I know they make a JB weld for rads too. Thank

IMG_1580.jpeg

Looks to be a small leak as you state. Possibly just add a little heat and the solder might just pool up and seal. To answer your question I believe it's the same as copper pipe solder. That top rad tank is brass as far as I know. Hopefully some of the membership can either confirm or discredit my answer.

Looks to be a small leak as you state. Possibly just add a little heat and the solder might just pool up and seal. To answer your question I believe it's the same as copper pipe solder. That top rad tank is brass as far as I know. Hopefully some of the membership can either confirm or discredit my answer.
Thanks, Noel. Yep, just a pinhole. I just tried heating it up with a soldering iron. Not sure how well it got down into the hole. Here’s a better pic of the hole. If it doesn’t hold, il try cleaning the areas up and adding flux, then a re solder. Can’t hurt

IMG_1635.jpeg

Thanks, Noel. Yep, just a pinhole. I just tried heating it up with a soldering iron. Not sure how well it got down into the hole. Here’s a better pic of the hole. If it doesn’t hold, il try cleaning the areas up and adding flux, then a re solder. Can’t hurt

View attachment 1716298280
I'd Braze it up with something like this. It flows very fast and should seal well. I worked at a shop that brazed brake fittings and this is what we would use.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Harris-...ping&msclkid=e44101a0be6411096a71677819a3b81c

1725474799533.png

Thanks so much! With the help of this forum and a couple great people, I’m starting to slowly forget about the bad experience and really starting to enjoy the car :)
Glad to read you are seeing the positives now! Yeah, it sucks being taken for a ride with your hard earned cash not being used efficiently by the restorer and the sting of that learning experience.

However, you’re rolling up your sleeves and fixing things yourself with the help of members here and contacts you know locally, which has also improved your auto mechanic skills. Those skills will help you for the many more decades the car will be in your possession!!! Your making lemonade out of lemons!

Well done!

Glad to read you are seeing the positives now! Yeah, it sucks being taken for a ride with your hard earned cash not being used efficiently by the restorer and the sting of that learning experience.

However, you’re rolling up your sleeves and fixing things yourself with the help of members here and contacts you know locally, which has also improved your auto mechanic skills. Those skills will help you for the many more decades the car will be in your possession!!! Your making lemonade out of lemons!

Well done!
You’re definitely right. Lots of people have said on here that I’d learn a lot about the car etc by having to do things myself….and it has 100% been correct!
Today I took the seats out and straightened the crooked coffin console and installed the carpet around it. I also installed the plastic seat backs. They don’t look perfect, but good enough for now. It looks like he didn’t use enough foam or something. There are gaps between vinyl and the plastic backs. The mopar store that’s 25 min from my house had the coffin console carpet in stock!

I tried re soldering the rad today as well, but it was like trying to solder copper water pipes that have water in them (the solder just wanted to run off). I cleaned everything really well and used flux. The leak is less now, but still there. I’ll take it to a rad shop when I get time

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

Hey guys. Well you won’t believe this. BRIAN TRASK has sunk to a new low. I’m hoping everyone on here can spread the word for me on this
So remember how I said that I had new door panels and rear panels coming from PG classics? This was arranged before I picked the car up. Brian called PG and told them to ship the replacements directly to me, because I’d already have the car back by the time they arrived in stock. Once **** hit the fan and I got home with the car, I called PG and they confirmed that he had told them to ship them to me and not him. I gave them my address and they said they’d ship them as soon as they received them from their supplier. I even told them about him scamming me out of money and stealing some of my parts. They said “no problem, we will ship them directly to you”

Well I called today to see what the status was….they informed me that when they arrived from their supplier approx a month ago they called Brian to tell him that they would be shipping them out and that they just wanted to confirm that they were still going to my address. The piece of **** loser then proceeded to tell them that they were now to be shipped to him instead. So he literally stole my interior panels out from under me. He is the epitome of a con artist. An absolute piece of ****, waste of air.

I can’t let this guy just get away with all of this. Please spread the word and shout his name from the rooftops. He’s very lucky that I’m old enough and smart enough to not take things into my own hands and teach him a very painful lesson. Keep in mind that he is literally still doing this crap to people as we speak. He has 4-6 cars there that he’s scamming people on. Not only ripping people off, but building unsafe cars that he makes you sign a waver stating that you are taking them “as is”.

Words can’t describe how much my blood is boiling at this point. I said to the guy at PG “Why on earth would you ship them to him, when you just told me that it shows on your computer that they were to be shipped to me???” He stated that it was their protocol to call the person who placed the order and re confirm before shipping things out. So good old Brian Trask who claimed that he felt bad for misleading me and for not getting the car done…..thought that he’d make up for it by now stealing my interior panels to my car

An absolute pathetic loser, in every sense of the word

IMG_6433.jpeg

Dam man.. that blows.
Ya. It’s just so pathetic at this point. The spineless bastard knows that I live 26 hours away from him. He told me in the beginning that he “loves” long distance builds. I’ve learned why….the hard way

A scum bag low life crook ripping ppl off. One day he is gonna screw over the wrong person and its gonna bite him in the *** hard. Yeah he getting away with it for now but his luck will run out at some point.

-
Back