Help CUDACHICK

-
i say pick two winners and first one drawn gets the first pick then alternate after that

someone said that some of the entries were generous but may not be needed i dont feel thats true because at least you would have that option to get it if you wanted them

You took it the wrong way amzchad.....what I meant by someone may not need it is....maybe that person lives on the opposite side of the country and cant afford to have it shipped or pick it up or if that person already has a perfectly fine engine in there vehicle or that person is not mechanically inclined enough to tackle building/swapping out engines or they just don't want to deal with the hassle of reselling the engine if they dont have any use for it ( that is what I meant by someone may have no use for an engine)

Like I said, its one generous offer but as much as alot of people would love to take that offer, for some it would be more trouble than it is worth is all I am saying.

this contest with the prize donations already listed is going to be very hard to find a good strategic way to set it up for a winner and for how many winners and for what prizes there are available, However it may be that it is worked out though....win or lose I am still in.... It is very confusing lol and leanna sure is tough for taking on this hole thing and I think we should all take the time to give her a (virtual) round of applause lol =D> =D> =D>

I'm with Fred on his idea. Draw all 4 winners and then like the NFL. Winners draw till prizes are exhausted then mail em out. Put me down for 2 ,1 yr subscriptions to Mopar Muscle. They have "Young Gun" contests also guys.
Small Block

Lanna put me down for a thermoquad carb off a 400 don't know the cfm.but I'm sh our it will work on other motors.worked good wen it was took off but i guess should be rebuilt.who ever gets it can put their skills to work and if they don't need it maybe they could sell it for the money.and learn something in the proses. and I think if the older members pick the winner the one with the most vote wins,and I also think they should email there vote to you.then that way they don't know hew voted for them or be involved or be brown noising and the ones that emails you is scratched from the list.and give the voters one week to vote.just a thought and trying to help.. ahh do i send the carb to you or what.???

Hmmmmm, lots of good ideas! No decisions yet though. Let's give it some more time / views so everyone who wants to put in their two cents has an opportunity to do so; not everybody visits FABO every day like some of us die hard addicts. LOL

If all the winners are chosen at once (regardless of WHEN they receive their prizes), what incentive would new 2010 members have to post their story? So far, I'm kinda leaning toward the random-number thing proposed by Duster Dude 72 ... and if somebody wins a prize they don't need / want, there's nothing prohibiting the winner from selling or trading it to get what they DO need -- that's part of the nature of building cars! Keep those thoughts and comments coming in gang!!! I knew the other night I wasn't considering everything, and 12,000 heads are much better than one. LOL

Small Block, thank you once again for your latest donation. Car mags are a great inspiration and parts / idea source!

Godfather, your generous offer is also appreciated! But please hang onto your ThermoQuad for the time being and we'll worry about getting it to the winner later just like all the rest of the donations. Along those lines ...

Ya'll might have the idea I'm this "big business owner" [hahahaha] around here with deep pockets and corporate gold cards, but truth be told I'm just a lowly "mom and pop shop" trying really hard to scrape out a living and in the same broke boat as most everyone else. There's no way I could afford to foot the shipping bill for everything to get where it needs to go at the conclusion of the contest although I really wish I was in a position to do so. (In fact, I just bought my first "present" in FIVE YEARS, a 12 megapixel digital camera I've desperately needed for a very long time to show off my work and make my website look better. Starting all over from scratch at the age of 40 is one of the reasons I put this contest together ... I know personally what the kids are going through, and who can't use a little 'bump draft' now and then?)

I'll get another Prize Package update posted soon with these latest additions. Thanks once again to everyone -- all is appreciated!!!

......not everybody visits FABO every day like some of us die hard addicts. LOL

If all the winners are chosen at once (regardless of WHEN they receive their prizes), what incentive would new 2010 members have to post their story?
LOL! I cant believe how easy it was to get addicted to this site!:read2:

The new 2010 members would still be anticipating the next drawing! They'd get to know the site and people on the site alot better and then they'd appreciate the prizes even more after getting to know the people who'd be donating towards that next drawing. 8)Just my opinion though.

Leanna, you're the boss, so ultimately its what you decide! :cheers:

I also think the next group of young gun entries would be drawn to entering based just off the fact of knowing that donations are gonig on and that there was winners the year before.....just like any yearly contest in a magazine, they normally do not put out anything over the span of the year to keep people coming in.....they just mention that there is a drawing at the end of the year and everyone still signs up. so I say just a few times a year mention something about the drawing to make sure everyone gets a chance to know about the contest incase they have not yet heard and I am sure that any young fabo member will join up.

and also,i think that we like you even more leanna knowing that your just like the rest of us and that you have to work for things in life and things taste that much sweeter and you can actually appreciate the simple things. fabo aswell as all of us are glad to have you and even more glad that you would take the time to put so much effort into doing things for all of us when you could be doing something else. YOU ROCK!

I agree with what DusterDude72 said about the young guns entering the drawing just because of the fact that they know there will be prizes awarded! and no matter what, they'll get a chance at winning. no matter how far away the prizes are rewarded. (a year isn't that long to wait anyways.) lol

and yes leanna, good to know that you're a normal person like us. You're not just a big coporate person who only cares about how much money they have at the end of the day..

Two fantastic new prizes have been added to the Young Guns Story Contest Prize Package! Here is the latest revision ..........

1. $100.00 Gift Certificate from Phoenix Specialty Coatings donated by CudaChick1968

2. Cash donation (based upon number of members) from Small Block

3. FABO t-shirt from Memike

4. Winner’s choice: Rebuilt lower control arms with new bushings or ’63 – ‘66 V8 centerlink donated by 65 Dartman, to be powder coated by PSC

5. Mac Tools 29-piece screwdriver/bit set from our very own Mac Tools dealer ToolmanMike

6. A 3" high by 36" long decal of the model name of the winner's car (Duster, Demon, etc.) in his/her choice of color, along with 6 smaller decals (1 1/2" x 12" or so) donated by GTGrinly

7. From 65BCODA, a cash donation of $20 towards an aftermarket supplier’s gift certificate (i.e., Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.) for the winner of the January 31, 2010 drawing, as well as $20 in gift certificates for any future monthly drawings to be held (a total of $120, up to six months’ worth of drawings!!!)

8. '67 - '76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body from FASTBACK340

9. A Lokar throttle pedal from avarageerod

10. Lightweight master cylinder, AR Engineering billet adapter and heat shield from a FABO member who wishes to remain anonymous

11. Handcrafted valve block donated by Ramcharger

12. Two big bolt pattern rally wheels with tires donated by amzchad

13. Small block Mickey Thompson valve covers purchased from oldschoolcuda by Small Block … shipping them here so the winner can choose the powder coat color(s) and I’ll work them up custom

14. For a 1967 Barracuda: 2 taillight lenses, 2 outside door handles, 2 inside door handles, 2 front armrest bases, and 1 original steering wheel donated by DRENO

15. $66.00 cash donation from Floorman. I plan to combine these funds with 65BCODA’s monetary donation toward an aftermarket gift certificate (see #7 above) unless I receive objections to the contrary

16. A non-running 318 from amzchad … the winner must make arrangements to pick it up or get it shipped

17. A good running 318 with a Thermoquad intake (including an adapter for a square bore carb) and decent 727 from 65 Dartman … the winner must make arrangements to pick it up or get it shipped

18. / 19. Two (2) one-year subscriptions to Mopar Muscle magazine donated by Small Block

20. Thermoquad carburetor (works, but could probably use a rebuild) from godfatherofchry

21. A professional rendering of the winner’s car prepared and donated by bjkadron

22. A 727 Racing Overhaul Kit from Andrews Racing Transmisissions ($150 value) donated by company owner Chris Andrews aka Duster346

23. [Your donation could be listed here ... ]

Keep telling your friends, and keep those suggestions for disbursement coming in.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Stay safe, travel carefully, remember those who couldn't be there with you, and treasure the ones who are. Oh, and don't forget to help with all those dishes. :-D

MeMike,

A valve block is a block of wood with holes drilled in it to organize your valves, springs and pushrods when working on a head.

Youngguns,

I'll make these up very nice and worthy of your hard work. :) BTW, I know Chris of Andrews Trans and that rebuild kit is most likely worth more than he stated... :) :)

all i know is if i was to win i would definatly share some of that stuff....its so much! LOL and theres no sense in me keeping stuff i cant use/others need more for myself...to all those who are donating i have to say wow! we have some very generous people here and all of us youngsters are very lucky to be a part of this! thanks Cudachick and everyone who has donated!

I am sorry but I am not in quite the financial position to add a contribution as of yet but I did not see anyone offering any type of detailing item such as a Meguire's Clay Bay kit or something along those lines. This would also make a great prize.

Those clay bar kits ARE awesome maniac! Personally, I'd liike to see more tools added in. All the parts in the world won't help if there's nothing to put them on with LOL. Anybody hitting those fight-the-crowds sales today at Sears or Lowes??? Heard they're having some killer deals.

Though I appreciate all the suggestions for disbursement, it seems they're all coming from the eligible winning entrants. Do any of the donators have ideas??

Needless to say, we're getting a pretty good haul. Thanks again to everyone for jumping on the bandwagon and keeping this active!!!

Another shameless weekender bump. It's about time for another updated Prize Package announcement so feel free to PM me if you have something to toss into the goodie box.

Thanks to FABO for helping me do this great thing!

bump for ideas! january is right around the corner guys! I'm sure Leanna needs more ideas!

And by the way leanna, how is your daughter doing now after that accident?

Leanna,

Thanks for posting on my welcome wagon thread :yawinkle:

I am another 'small business owner'.

I appreciate the energy, time, effort
and consideration you demonstrate
to the Mopar community :salute:

My 'contribution' is on the next post ....

Jim

Happy New Year :eek:ccasion:

I will provide transport for a vehicle
that runs or rolls (subject to availability).

I will provide parts shipping (subject to availability).

Transport and shipping service is donated free of charge
to facilitate delivery of prizes awarded by Leanna at her discretion.

Vehicle transport of a running or rolling Mopar
is available for a 'Young Gun' who purchases
their first project or completed vehicle and
is subject to availability.

Transport and shipping service is subject to availability
of my current transport schedule.

I ENCOURAGE all you 'Young Guns' to try and
support the members and vendors on this
website - keep your business in the 'family'.

Jim

TBubbaT.jpg

I'll throw in my two cents worth on prize allocation.
Assign the prizes a points value based on dollar value. Then, when selecting prize winners, they are awarded points for 1st, 2nd, etc. Then they can choose items that they can "afford" from their points. Have them post what they want in a thread. If two or more want the same item, let them bid more points until they run out of points, or choose to use their points for something else. It will add a fairness and a lot of fun and the young guns will have a better chance to get what they want on the prize list.

I will go through my stuff and select some parts to add to the list.

Thanks for doing this! Thanks to all who have and who will donate! Thanks to all who share their knowledge and experience with the young guns. It's a win-win for all of us!

David
aka
bamacuda

Happy New Year :eek:ccasion:

I will provide transport for a vehicle
that runs or rolls (subject to availability).

I will provide parts shipping (subject to availability).

Transport and shipping service is donated free of charge
to facilitate delivery of prizes awarded by Leanna at her discretion.

Vehicle transport of a running or rolling Mopar
is available for a 'Young Gun' who purchases
their first project or completed vehicle and
is subject to availability.

Transport and shipping service is subject to availability
of my current transport schedule.

I ENCOURAGE all you 'Young Guns' to try and
support the members and vendors on this
website - keep your business in the 'family'.

Jim

WOW! Well done trulyvintage! Digging the Avatar too, lol.

I will be the first to say that I think bamacuda may be on to something..... his idea seems like it would work pretty good, seems like it would be pretty fair....reason 1 being that more than one young gun gets a chance at getting a price and reason 2 being that the prizes would be more evenly destributed and balanced.

You could set the amount of prize winners to whatever you want rather it be 3 or 5 or 10 or whatever. and you could decide rather they are chosen at random or based on there story or based on how long they have been members of fabo or based on how many posts they have posted or however you feel is the best route to take.

I personally think this may be the best solution.

anyhow, I have not seen many posts from leanna lately and the young gun threads traffic has slowed down it seems, I have been checking in on and off and even did a couple bumbs to bring in more young gunz.

leanna is this still going on for january? and if you have not came to a conclusion on how to set up the drawing and how prizes are rewarded.....I am sure myself aswell as others would be more than happy to set up a time to all gather in the chat room and brain storm on it!.

take care everyone ....and happy new year!

-
Back