I swear if I didnt love her

-
In my world we react to those who talk about blowing their brains just the way I did. Talk like an idiot my advice will be idiotic. This is not a place to talk about suicide and expect a logical reply. I could have said "Just shoot yourself and leave me your ****".

Oh yeah I checked out my desk and Chair all wires to the chair. The desk has several lighters the screen is clean and i grow my own. So my connections are working just fine.

Oh yeah I checked out my desk and Chair all wires to the chair. The desk has several lighters the screen is clean and i grow my own. So my connections are working just fine.

lol

I had somebody come be here yesterday. We were talkin about you.

I found out that texting is the worse way to have a conversation. You dont understand someones tone or how they meant something and you take it the wrong way. Next thing you know BAM! Blown out of proportion and your in the boat your in..

After you cool down, pick up the phone call him and ask him if you can talk in person. If he says no, then leave a open door and tell him that when he is ready to talk to call you and both of you can have a face to face conversation like it should have been done to begin with.

I wish you luck! Mark this in your book as a lessoned learned. Technology has killed a lot of things that should be done the old fashioned way.

As a father I have to say I would be pissed about it as well, and frankly the way your carrying on about it I wouldn't be to fond of her choices. You might be a perfectly fine young man and might be respectful as well, just don't know you and not judging you just saying.

I don't really understand the point of this post to be honest, you had sex with his daughter, a potential life changing event while he is trying to put her through college and make sure she can have a future, and your arguing with him via text message. Are you willing and able to support her and a child? Is the relationship that serious, would you commit To marrying her? Continue her education? Your comment of it's what people do or whatever it was doesn't justify it.

I'd be more pissed at you for putting the whole thing on an open forum than having sex with her. To me it shows a lot of immaturity on your part.

I'd be more pissed at you for putting the whole thing on an open forum than having sex with her. To me it shows a lot of immaturity on your part.

in his defense he never actually said what he did you just stated he did what people dohe just turned to all of us for a little bit of advice on how we should handle the father or approach to father I think he did things in a respectful way

of course text messaging that was the first big mistake and two and a half years you showed your resolve

Banging. I always thought that was a most vulgar term for a most beautiful thing.
Bumping ugly's is that better. Young people on here want to put it all out there. In my youth we may have talked to close friends but not broadcast it to the whole world. :wack:

He'll relax after a few days man. Just treat him with respect, as you do her I'm sure. Eventually he'll see you're a good guy and it'll be water under the bridge. Leave your phone at home and go out for a ride with the windows down and blow off some steam.

Probably because it ‘s what his generation does. At least there seems to be some degree of anonymity here. At least it’s not on facebook or youtube.
I hope.
And haven’t we seen older people post things just about as foolish on here?
That being said, I say if you care more about her than you do yourself and she feels the same way about you, do the right thing and marry her.
If you are old enough to have sex, you are old enough to get married.
At least get engaged. Get her father’s blessing.
Make peace with him if possible. He probably will be in the picture for a long time.
Better to have him as a supporter rather than an enemy.
Show him you can be responsible for your actions.

Signed Dear Abby.
(Apologies to John Prime)

As a father I have to say I would be pissed about it as well, and frankly the way your carrying on about it I wouldn't be to fond of her choices. You might be a perfectly fine young man and might be respectful as well, just don't know you and not judging you just saying.

I don't really understand the point of this post to be honest, you had sex with his daughter, a potential life changing event while he is trying to put her through college and make sure she can have a future, and your arguing with him via text message. Are you willing and able to support her and a child? Is the relationship that serious, would you commit To marrying her? Continue her education? Your comment of it's what people do or whatever it was doesn't justify it.

he is pissed, because you remind him of himself at age 19.
but he was probably a man *****, thats what we called them back in the day.
at least you are standing up and sticking around.
I bet her mother doesn't have much to say.

Next time you talk tell him his wife is better than his daughter. That will put you on his good side .

Or tell him you knocked up his daughter.... :-#

Then after the mushroom cloud clears, tell him that she's not really, but point out that things can be worse.... :D

It all boils down to a father that loves his daughter and the daughter while old enough by legal terms is an adult, she is still in HIS house as his daughter. His kid, his house, his rules! Be respectful. Things will calm down. Talk to your girlfriend. Not here. It's not our business. (that's the problem with today's society, to many want to make their private lives un private!) Wait for him to come to you. When he does, make it clear what your intentions are. Obviously he's not seeing the fact that you've been together 2.5 years. That in itself speak volumes. About the both of you. And if the conversation gets hurtful, or argumentative, tell him you mean no disrespect but your going to have to walk away till things cool down then continue. You don't want to jeopardize the relationship between them or yourselves just to say something one of you will regret later.
Just some advice as a father.

If he's 48 then he should know better than to be pissed off at you.
Were things good between you before this?
What did her mom say?
What did your parents say?
Why is he so surprised or offended by this?

All of the suggestions on here are pretty good.
What you need to do is show up unannouced at his door drunk. Bang on the door with your fist screaming obscenities at him until he answers. Yell at him, push him around and shout him down until he's a babbling little boy in the corner crying for his mommy. Belittle him a bit more and give him a noogy for being such a baby. Make him give you his lunch money and kick him in the ***. Tell him it will be twice as worse next time if he doesn't get with the f'n program. Storm out of the house after taking all of his booze and urinate on the step on the way out.
You shouldn't have a problem with him bugging you anymore after this.

This is how he actually sees you, what you've done to his immaculate princess, and his reputation.
And this is what he did to you in his texts.
Screw the texting, it's too impersonal for what's going on here.
Face to face only after a couple of days when everyone has had a chance to cool down and you should be able to work it out. Choose your words wisely. Prove to him you are a man by not backing down from him and standing up for yourself and your actions, however, realize that this is a big step for him (and not an easy one at that) and give him the upper hand. He will probably respect you more after this. Give it some time.
If not totally resolved or he's calmed down at least after this, he sounds like an overbearing idiot that i would never tolerate especially if you get married to her. Nothing's too good for his princess, and he's got to get over that, it's his problem. He might be the type of person that nothing's good enough for him.
It's actually good you saw his true colors now instead of down the road more.
You've been going steady for 2 1/2 years and you waited until now to be intimate with her?
Wow, you ARE a patient man!
And if her father doesn't take that into consideration, than he's a real idiot.
Let us know what happens........

If he's 48 then he should know better than to be pissed off at you.
QUOTE]

Yes, that's true, but some people live in denial and don't want to face reality.

Every father with a daughter regrets the day that their daughter will grow up and start dating and having sex... Some don't want to face it.

The reasonable ones will come to terms with it and realize that it is going to happen and hope that their daughter will pick good guys that care about them and will take care of them and not one that will just use her and move on.

My best friend has two daughters that are dating age now and seems to be ok with it and has faced reality. Luckily his daughters are not the kind to sleep with a bunch of guys. His oldest is now 24 and is going to be married in a month to her high school "sweethart" boyfriend. He was a football player and she was a cheerleader. They have been dating since high school, are now close to finishing college and share an apartment together. The only concern that he has shared with me is that her boyfriend hasn't graduated yet and does not have a "permanent job" and that his daughter may be supporting them both until he hopefully does get a permenent job and can support his fair share of the financial burden.

Well, I met a pretty gal, she was tall and thin
I asked her what she had, she said a Fox four-ten
I looked her up and down, said boy this is love
So we headed for the brush to shoot a big fat dove

Shotgun boogie, boy the feathers flew
Look out Mr. Dove when she draws a bead on you

I sat down on a log, took her on my lap
She said wait a minute bud, you got to see my pap
He's gotta sixteen gauge choked down like a rifle
He don't like a man that's gonna trifle

Shotgun boogie, draws a bead so fine
Look out big boy, he's loaded all the time

Well, I called on her pap like a gentleman oughter
He said no brush hunter's gonna get my daughter
He cocked back the hammer right on the spot
When the gun went off I outrun the shot

Shotgun boogie, I wanted weddin' bells
I'll be back little gal, when your pappy runs out of shells

:bball:

Dear Drama Queen Dad,

This is the 21st century.

We text.

We have friends on the internet, who also give us the same advice that your '70's and '80's friends gave you.

Except now, along with texts and internets, we also have contraception and not everyone believes in marriage and/ or having children, even though we still believe in commitment.

Your daughter is an adult. I suggest you let her be one and grow up, yourself.

Maybe try and see things from your daughter's point of view and offer your help, if you actually give a **** about her.

Sincerely,

The Way The World Works, Now.

Dear Drama Queen Dad,

This is the 21st century.

We text.

We have friends on the internet, who also give us the same advice that your '70's and '80's friends gave you.

Except now, along with texts and internets, we also have contraception and not everyone believes in marriage and/ or having children, even though we still believe in commitment.

Your daughter is an adult. I suggest you let her be one and grow up, yourself.

Maybe try and see things from your daughter's point of view and offer your help, if you actually give a **** about her.

Sincerely,

The Way The World Works, Now.

:prayer: Exactly...

ask the dad at what age did he start banging her mom?

-
Back