Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Well this was one of these days. Tidied up the house before I went outside and was going to work in the garage.
Wife called out "we have water in the basement".
Yup the water heater is leaking.
So get onto Rheem (good name for it) and while on the phone check to see where the leak might be.
Just at the lower part of the tank.
So called Home Depot where we had bought it.
Get this, they want me to haul the tank out and take it back and then they would give me a new tank.
I said to the girl, no, for one thing I don't have my gas ticket as it's a gas tank plus no way to bring it to you.
Long story short I have to wait till tomorrow to see when I can get the new one installed.
Bunch or morons!!!!
So cold shower it is tomorrow whether I like it or not.

Well this was one of these days. Tidied up the house before I went outside and was going to work in the garage.
So get onto Rheem (good name for it) and while on the phone check to see where the leak might be.
Get this, they want me to haul the tank out and take it back and then they would give me a new tank.
I said to the girl, no, for one thing I don't have my gas ticket as it's a gas tank plus no way to bring it to you.
Long story short I have to wait till tomorrow to see when I can get the new one installed.
Bunch or morons!!!!
Can't hit the like button on that. Sorry buddy.

My oldest grand daughter called to see if I'd go with her to look at a used car she wants to buy. Well I'm not the best one to figure out if it's a good car or not but her Dad is working and I'm the only one available to help. I'll do the best I can and get to spend the day with a great kid so I'm happy.

Bunch or morons!!!!
That sucks for sure. A few sponge baths I guess. Maybe on each other. :lol:

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Fred.

1725602422046.gif

Morning guys.
I had a plumber who lives down the street come and solder the small crack in my old rad.
Took him less than 20 minutes and charged me 100 bucks with no guarantee. YIKES.
Then I found out our new neighbours across the street is a retired plumber with a gas ticket. So he's going to replace the water heater for me. The other guy didn't have a gas ticket so no way he was going to do it.
Hope you guys are having a better day than I am

Hey guys.
We're back in business with hot water once again.
A lot of grunt work but the rest is simple. He of course soap tested all the new and most of the old joints.
One other neighbour came over to help bring the old tank out of the basement.
He charged me 250 bucks but I'm giving him 300.
Hope you have a great evening

Hey guys.
A lot of grunt work but the rest is simple. He of course soap tested all the new and most of the old joints.
The irony that 300 is ok for hot water but less than half that to get your car running was absurd

Hey guys.
When you do that you have a tradesman for life, always tip your tradesman and he’ll come back when you need him. More importantly before his next customer

Guess you gotta pick your battles. I'd been swapping relays. I dont need anybody to tell me how to check for gas leaks either.
I'd be calling the gas company for a pressure check though. That's included in the monthly agreement.

I dont see what the big deal is with the hot water tank install, its just one gas line, and the vent pipe.
Just changed mine about a month ago, no big deal.

My first paying job was a laborer changing water heaters when I was 15. I was able to do the whole job myself after a few weeks, but I didn't have the gasfitter's license, or a driver's license yet.

I used to install wood stoves. I would tell the customer get me the specs from your insurance company because the building code means nothing their not paying the bill in case of fire

Morning guys.
Another day of rain. Almost a copy of yesterday.
Sunday looks good though, so far.
Last Friday I won a free large pizza at our car show.
Had that for supper last night.
It is a new chain and a great pizza loaded with bacon, mushrooms and green olives.
Have a great day

-
Back