Revenge

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never know.......maybe he killed himself already!! Or maybe not. But if he is any kind of man at all, the accidents he caused will be eating at him too. Or maybe not.
But that is exactly what I mean, you wanted to get revenge, and in that case according to the courts, you would probably been charged for it.......right or wrong.
In my opinion you did the right thing.

I wish I could have the ability to express myself as I wish, but I don't, but I will try.

my personal feeling is that religion gives us humans a "guideline", to try to live by, how to treat others, and what to expect from our belief in a Creator, God, whatever you want to call it. .
I certainly have no business in telling anyone what to think, and am not doing so here.... but I wish every person could seek an understanding and hopefully a belief in God.

hate can consume a person and ruin your health. hate related to money issues. a waste of time, as is putting that much value of money.
I still say, protect yourself and your family, but taking reprisal after the fact is never a good thing.
now a little good natured fun..... another thing!! just me...

Decided to keep most of my comments to myself, seems like everytime I "speak out" in this type of thread a certain someone just spins and contorts my words, so why bother?
I have just been battling my "Demons" lately. Been blacking out from rage induced Manic episodes as of late, am beginning to worry that I may end up hurting myself or worse yet someone else....
I do have a question. Hopefully it will be not taken out of context.....and be taken seriously.
What are your folks thoughts on somebody believing in God but not believing in Religion?

Decided to keep most of my comments to myself, seems like everytime I "speak out" in this type of thread a certain someone just spins and contorts my words, so why bother?

There was no "spin", whatsoever, in my comment to you. There's no hudden message, and no double meaning, either.

I have just been battling my "Demons" lately. Been blacking out from rage induced Manic episodes as of late, am beginning to worry that I may end up hurting myself or worse yet someone else....

That sounds like you need serious intervention and psychiatric help, that you are not going to find here. I recommend that you don't wait to get serious medical help until you do something that you don't mean to do.

I do have a question. Hopefully it will be not taken out of context.....and be taken seriously.
What are your folks thoughts on somebody believing in God but not believing in Religion?

It's not uncommon. Plenty of people believe in god, but don't practice a religion. There are many who also believe in Jesus Christ, who also don't follow a "religion". It's not an issue. It's a personal choice.

That's what religion and government is all about, controlling people. By controlling what they hear and try to control how they think.

Our government was founded on double standards, SLAVE OWNERS THAT WANTED TO BE FREE.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My original point was that censorship was started by pressure from religious groups and imposed on others. All they had to do was turn off the radio/tv, or change the station, instead they want to keep others from hearing it.... (Because it may conflict with the religious brain washing and/or political hidden agenda....)

Actually, censorship has been a tool of government since the Egyptian civilization, and before that practiced heavily in tribalism. Essentially, "My way or the Highway".

a couple years ago, the local Baptist minister and his wife, stopped at my home, introduced himself, and asked if we had time to visit. I said sure, come on in. we just talked of life in general. THEN, I had to ask him, what made the Baptist right and the Methodist wrong?? ( or I could have asked the Jews and Christians or whatever). he looked at me SOooo seriously and told me, there was NO doubt the Baptists were right and the Methodist wrong!!!!! went on the say he had a best friend that was a Methodist minister, BUT the guy was wrong!!!!!
now there is little difference in the basic belief of the two groups in general.....!!

I look at it like this. I base my belief in God on the bible. now there are many religions that are based on this Bible, but each have different views and beliefs. different interpretations. different religion, but still the basis that a belief in a Creator, God, a superior being. whatever....

so I go back to my first story here. are the Budists wrong and the Christians right? is not the belief in the entity referred to as God, the key?

religion? relate that to the church. the church is made of people. it is a building full of people... we, humans, i.e. people, we are ALL imperfect, we all make mistakes, even try as we might not to. we are all hiprocrits in one way or another?? we meet at a church to study the word of God, thru the information passed down for centuries in the book, the Bible. thus a certain religion. so I try to differentiate between the church, the religion, and my belief there is a God, and the bottom line of trying to follow the road map of life laid down in this book, the Bible...

my thoughts may or may not be sound. religion , like politics, religion leave plenty of room for disagreement.

Whatever is eating away at you, you need to get a grip on it before you do go "over the edge".

There's a difference between getting even/practical joke and having strong feelings to hurt someone.

Is it worth the possibility of going to jail or dieing for? (I hope the answer is NO). :violent2:

Embarrass them or humiliate them if you have to, but don't harm them...

Take the dogs back to the bedroom and lay with them on the bed and pet them. Talk out your problems with them, they are great listeners and don't judge you. Many times when you are done "rambling" you find that you have just solved your problem.... #-o

My dogs have helped me solve many of my problems. And they don't tell any of your secrets....

If that doesn't help and the feelings keep getting stronger, seek professional help.

Don't do something that you will regret later.... :evil3:

Not necessarily talking about this thread...and while that MAY be your perception of some of your past comments it sure as hell isn't mine...nor that of at least one other person....as to getting help, I do see a doc bi-weekly but, just like in my past he is not always able to help me. I am one that can not take any anti-depressants/mood stabilizers. In some one like me a cocktail of drugs is what normally works. I have never been able to "deal" with any of the mood stabilizers. And if just an anti-dependant is taken...well...I will be on a near constant manic ride...in the past some of my most memorable moments have been when on anti-depressants. While these memorable moments are often very comedic I was taking an anti-depressant the day I pulled the trigger of a loaded .357 I had in my mouth....

consider this. we seek medical help form professionals, we seek mental help from professionals, so why would we not also seek help form spiritual professionals???? all of us have souls, and need help.

First of all I hope you can win the fight against those demons you've been fighting. It's often difficult to open yourself up to others when life overwhelms.

Your question regarding religion is one that a lot of folks struggle with. I am Christian and at an early age began to question the notion that many held that non-Chistians were destined to go to hell. I reasoned that a good person that wasn't a Christian should be more likely to reach heaven than a bad person that might have been a Christian. I put my faith in God. And without my faith I'd fail more often. That doesn't mean that I denounce Christianity. It means that I try to follow the example that Christ gave me. I still fail. Without a set of rules or guidelines by which people try to live their lives, who's to say that any behavior is wrong? I don't want to live in a dog eat dog world.

I'm not here to judge you or anyone else. Life can really suck sometimes. It's unrealistic to expect it to be fair. But you are on your own personal journey through it. The direction you take, the decisions you make, and how you react to others will determine the type of person you will be. I wish you well.

First of all I hope you can win the fight against those demons you've been fighting. It's often difficult to open yourself up to others when life overwhelms.

Your question regarding religion is one that a lot of folks struggle with. I am Christian and at an early age began to question the notion that many held that non-Chistians were destined to go to hell. I reasoned that a good person that wasn't a Christian should be more likely to reach heaven than a bad person that might have been a Christian. I put my faith in God. And without my faith I'd fail more often. That doesn't mean that I denounce Christianity. It means that I try to follow the example that Christ gave me. I still fail. Without a set of rules or guidelines by which people try to live their lives, who's to say that any behavior is wrong? I don't want to live in a dog eat dog world.

I'm not here to judge you or anyone else. Life can really suck sometimes. It's unrealistic to expect it to be fair. But you are on your own personal journey through it. The direction you take, the decisions you make, and how you react to others will determine the type of person you will be. I wish you well.

Thanks for the well wishes. I have been dealing with this BS for over 3 decades now. Been seeking "help" for 20 or so years of it. I have seen/talked to a few folks in my life that have "taken a psych class or two" that will spout off all sorts of useless junk from the books they have read. These folks often make me chuckle....like I said, I have been dealing with nightmare since I was 15 years old. Pretty sure I know a bit more about my problem than someone who has read a book or two. No offense meant to ANYONE.

There are a few folks on here that I truly value what they have to say...and at least one that reminds me of the person I once was....always right. I know what I meant when I said what I said because your perception of it is "wrong" is not my fault. And quite honestly, dealing with these people is often what fuels my problems. And dealing with these folks also makes me want to get in touch with my Ex and apologize, yet again, for being the di*k that I once was. Not saying anyone here falls into that class with me...just thinking out loud.

I did, way back, seek "religious" help. Raised far more questions for me than it answered questions. When my life fell apart I spent lots of time riding my motorcycle thru AZ....by myself. And became a bit more of a "spiritual" person. Helped me tremendously. Dare to say it saved my life. Started to meditate daily. Completely changed who I was. Sadly I just can not put myself in that mindset again. Wish I could, but it just aint happening right now.

I am not going to comment on this thread anymore, or at least am going to do my best not to. I have been labeled a whiner by some folks on this site....and am a true believer in everyone is entitled to their opinion. That being said....

I am hoping that a Staff Member comes along and closes this thread sometime in the near future....

Been reading these posts. My story is much to long to type, but I will say this. I was told more than once that misery loves company, and it's true. My thoughts are this. Surround yourself with positive people/ energy and with time you also become a positive thinker. Has worked for me, also riding my motorcycle has helped me as well so I agree on that comment. A lot of good replies here, Life is what you make it !!

Doug,
I myself, BELIEVE in God, I do not believe in Religion........... You or any one of us is all we're asked to do, is to believe in HIM and we as humans have no reason to prove that to anyone else thats also......human....ONLY HE needs to know that......

Religion is only a way or proving ground to me, I don't need to prove to anyone that I believe in God nor Jesus as long as the 2 of them, know it is all I need to worry about!

Belief, is no ones concern but to ourselves, no one else, and the 2 God & Jesus Christ.....

sometimes we answer our own questions. I have , upon occasion asked myself, when and where in life did I find personal happiness???? what was I doing? who with? what was my relationship with my spiritual side at that point?

let me give this story: my dad went thru 4 years of ww11 and 1 tour of Korea. when he got out, his nervous were shot, barely could hear, had what they called, a nervous breakdown. I can remember him walking the hall ALL night, night after night. he was suicidal and the odc said he could kill even those the closes to him...... he had primitive shock treatment. he eventually pulled out of it, my mom told him he couldn't end this way, he had a small son to raise.
I can well remember him sitting in church every Sunday, us as a family. I was just a small boy, but I wondered what the heck was he doing sitting there. he couldn't hear squat!!!????? but I truly feel he was being healed, setting an example to me for use ,, as what I should try to be.
I could go on......

When asked if I am Religious my answer is no and when asked if I believe in God my answer is yes. I have been told I have to be religious to believe in God. Really!!!. You are not alone in that respect. The other things I'm no help and won't even pretend to have an answer. Hope things work out for you.

Doug, you have many friends here, don't leave because one or two bust your balls...

Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back