Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Gotta head into work dang it. Have an expired gas card (June 1st) that I'm SUPPOSED to have a replacement for in the mail- HA. If not I'm supposed to go out of pocket and file an expense report, yeah right! I can burn some fuel in a week so I'll find work that is close to the shop. In other crazy fuel price news the daughter has upgraded her Uhaul from a 10 foot to a 15 foot. I'm actually glad about that as it will haul the car trailer/El Camino better/safer. Have a Great Day All!

It's Mercury Monday!
mercurymonday.jpg

Good morning :D

Gotta head into work dang it. Have an expired gas card (June 1st) that I'm SUPPOSED to have a replacement for in the mail- HA. If not I'm supposed to go out of pocket and file an expense report, yeah right! I can burn some fuel in a week so I'll find work that is close to the shop. In other crazy fuel price news the daughter has upgraded her Uhaul from a 10 foot to a 15 foot. I'm actually glad about that as it will haul the car trailer/El Camino better/safer. Have a Great Day All!

Isn't the price point on the trucks rather nominal at some point? Get a 25' and go Texas/Arizona/California car parts shopping along the way :thumbsup:

Morning all. Well the date has finally arrived...dentist this morning. :mob:

Morning coffee land! I am back online and safe and sound in Arkansas. Have fun at the dentist Craig. What could two days of us eating Cheryl’s home made apple crisp have to do with it! Thought I might post a couple more pix from a great road trip. Then I got home and my Dad made a pot of chili for me with bread and fresh jalapeños. That was breakfast this morning. I will top it off with some of Cheryl’s apple crisp she sent Jodi. Just had an absolute blast hanging out in Kansas with Cheryl and Craig. I know we have all said it before but life is just to short to not take time out to spend with folks that are important to you. Was their house off the route a bit? You bet. Will I do it again? Absolutely! And thanks for this years shirt, I was reading where everybody got there’s in the mail but figured we’ll I am in Fargo so mine will be a few days behind. We broke em in good Boss! Sincere thanks!

871E5B96-460C-436B-8404-055B0933659D.jpeg

F254B8C1-B34C-45D0-90CE-B53ACA39F6F6.jpeg

D2B21A3F-70C7-4D70-B9E6-3FB409B041CF.jpeg

I don't remember what was taking place at that moment, but we all had a great time. Tim Costello was a lot of fun and a great photographer.
Tim was great and we've talked to him several times since. If they use your car as an article then he'll send you the 500 or more pictures he took. Congrats you got your foot in the door.

and Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well out there - seems so. Raining here, unpacked, did laundry, watched a couple movies. Was a nice way to wind down a wonderful weekend.

So getting serious about getting things packed up for Carlisle. Holy crap a bunch of small crap that needs to be gone through this year to be checked. Really glad I am not taking anything new on till the end of July and down days are really killing me.

and Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well out there - seems so. Raining here, unpacked, did laundry, watched a couple movies. Was a nice way to wind down a wonderful weekend.
Eric, glad you car got some well deserved love. Hope your gal had a great time meeting this merry mob. Thinking about ya as I am in the middle of reading “The Hagakure” translated is, Hidden among the leaves. It is a definitive work on life as a Samurai, written between 1710-1716. The book is Titled The Art of the Samurai. By Yamamoto Tsunetomo ISBN 978-1-62795-122-7 It is a very very good book. In essence trying to ensure the Samurai do not lose their warrior ethos in a time of peace. Basically the beginning of the Bushido traditions as the Buddhist monks begin to educate and introduce the warriors to Zen rationale. The concern of course is that the warrior must not become soft and has to meld the sheer brutality of feudal clan warfare with the tea ceremony if you will. Really a very interesting book. Anyway thought of ya!

Eric, glad you car got some well deserved love. Hope your gal had a great time meeting this merry mob. Thinking about ya as I am in the middle of reading “The Hagakure” translated is, Hidden among the leaves. It is a definitive work on life as a Samurai, written between 1710-1716. The book is Titled The Art of the Samurai. By Yamamoto Tsunetomo ISBN 978-1-62795-122-7 It is a very very good book. In essence trying to ensure the Samurai do not lose their warrior ethos in a time of peace. Basically the beginning of the Bushido traditions as the Buddhist monks begin to educate and introduce the warriors to Zen rationale. The concern of course is that the warrior must not become soft and has to meld the sheer brutality of feudal clan warfare with the tea ceremony if you will. Really a very interesting book. Anyway thought of ya!

Thanks John! She had a great time with everyone and the show itself. Has only been to one car show ever before this, and that was just on Memorial Day as a pregame for this one. Everyone made her very welcome. I wish we would have spent more time just hanging out but overall is my favorite show so far. As for the book, I will check it out, sounds awesome. I am glad you a Craig @ZMan67S had a great time! Well deserved for the both of you.

Wheels for Tim.
Front fenders for the valiant nos.
3.55 ring and pinion .
A few other things. Was able to meet a few members.
Would have been more but had to get back. My niece was watching the cats, and is heading out for her vacation today.
And to deliver Coffee shop T shirts to save postage. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: You will never complain about Postage prices again. :lol:

Speaking of mileage, I still am astounded I got 12 mpg in the Demon. ~$160 in fuel for 600 round trip

edit should have been closer to $250 for the weekend

Morning coffee land! I am back online and safe and sound in Arkansas. Have fun at the dentist Craig. What could two days of us eating Cheryl’s home made apple crisp have to do with it! Thought I might post a couple more pix from a great road trip. Then I got home and my Dad made a pot of chili for me with bread and fresh jalapeños. That was breakfast this morning. I will top it off with some of Cheryl’s apple crisp she sent Jodi. Just had an absolute blast hanging out in Kansas with Cheryl and Craig. I know we have all said it before but life is just to short to not take time out to spend with folks that are important to you. Was their house off the route a bit? You bet. Will I do it again? Absolutely! And thanks for this years shirt, I was reading where everybody got there’s in the mail but figured we’ll I am in Fargo so mine will be a few days behind. We broke em in good Boss! Sincere thanks!

View attachment 1715938052

View attachment 1715938053

View attachment 1715938054
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend as well. Missed you all in Stillwater. Hope you can make it up there again. We missed Fred this year as well. Hope to catch up with him again sometime soon.

-
Back