Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have always put a transmission cooler inline before the radiator.

Wouldn’t that kind of defeat the purpose a bit?

Let’s say the transfluid leaving the trans is 205, goes thru a super efficient huge cooler and drops to 175. But then goes into the radiator where coolant is 195. Would that not heat the trans coolant BACK up from heat transfer?

It may not make much difference as it's a closed loop system... (now that you bring that up...)

Once it picks up heat going out of the trans, as long as you cool it before it does another 'lap' around before it goes back through the trans, it should still cool the trans...

quick question; should there be voltage coming out of the ammeter on the negative side?

I believe so...

Voltage is potential, volt meters have infinite resistance...

Ammeters measure flow and are supposed to have no resistance... Any resistance will slow down the flow... You will see a voltage drop across a resistance... Since amps is flow, there should not be any voltage drop...

Voltage is pressure, amps is flow...

(at least that's how I understand it...)

Morning guys...great question Mitch. Tike pull the plug or you'll end up chasing that elusive $$ forever. :lol:

Morning!
-4 this morning. The Ford handed me an *** kicking yesterday, control arm wasnt cooperating. Did finally win though. Firebird back in this morning.

Crap. Looks like snow for the next 5/6 days. We need it for ground cover but i still dont look forward to it.

Cheryl's birthday today!!
Starting with BK out this morning and then to her ortho appointment.
Several weeks ago, she broke her ring finger pretty bad playing volleyball.
Everything seems to have healed well.
Almost 60 here today and then the bottom falls out over the next week 30's to 10's for highs.
Going to try and get out for some golf this afternoon.
Have a great day!!

-
Back