Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
55FCA7A5-C70A-4903-A53A-228E5E8F34BB.jpeg

Well, so far I have figured a few things out and got nothing done. LOL Contrary to what I was thinking earlier, I was smart enough to save the valves from upstairs. They of course are different. :BangHead: I pulled the handles, etc and no corrosion outside, so chance these are good. Just a matter of what the washer screws are like... Now if I could just start working on it. Need to shut off the whole house and drain. Wife has been 'planning to get a shower' and finally got in there a few minutes ago. :BangHead: Not even sure I want to start this today anymore...

Well, so far I have figured a few things out and got nothing done. LOL Contrary to what I was thinking earlier, I was smart enough to save the valves from upstairs. They of course are different. :BangHead: I pulled the handles, etc and no corrosion outside, so chance these are good. Just a matter of what the washer screws are like... Now if I could just start working on it. Need to shut off the whole house and drain. Wife has been 'planning to get a shower' and finally got in there a few minutes ago. :BangHead: Not even sure I want to start this today anymore...

Hate starting stuff that could be complex this late in the day.....

Good luck

Oil changed this morning and been cleaning the interior of my daily driver. Shampoo seats,carpet and the whole interior. after a good exterior and engine bay wash will polish and wax it and make sure everything is in good condition then selling it. 2012 Mazda 6 in great shape that has 144 thousand on it. Hate to sell it been a great car but have to get my teeth fixed and looks like complete dentures.

Oil changed this morning and been cleaning the interior of my daily driver. Shampoo seats,carpet and the whole interior. after a good exterior and engine bay wash will polish and wax it and make sure everything is in good condition then selling it. 2012 Mazda 6 in great shape that has 144 thousand on it. Hate to sell it been a great car but have to get my teeth fixed and looks like complete dentures.

Hate that you have to make that choice Fred....

I had the precursor 626 in the late 90s which I took with me to Germany. Loved that 4 speed on the autobahn. (YES John, I had a 4 speed :D )

Hate starting stuff that could be complex this late in the day.....

Good luck
Yeh, SHOULD be simmple, but this is at least one hardware trip after I take it apart. Most likely could put old ones back if needed, but it goes wrong, and cant be sealed, I'm screwed. There is no practical way to even ad shutoffs to it cause it branches off the main feed in the ceiling and comes down inside wall. Only place I could, is cut a hole in wall and create a ton of extra work. So, whole house has to stay off till done... Starting to do some wall repair work for now. Probably get back to the plumbing tomorrow.

Hate that you have to make that choice Fred....

I had the precursor 626 in the late 90s which I took with me to Germany. Loved that 4 speed on the autobahn. (YES John, I had a 4 speed :D )
I still have my Chevy pick up and don't have to sell my Scamp so not to bad really.
Worked at the port in Washington state from 1988 till 2000 Most of the Japan and Korean cars were off loaded from ships there and we shipped them out on rail or semi. Was great fun driving all the different cars. My favorite was the Mazda Miata and of course the RX7.

Yeh, SHOULD be simmple, but this is at least one hardware trip after I take it apart. Most likely could put old ones back if needed, but it goes wrong, and cant be sealed, I'm screwed. There is no practical way to even ad shutoffs to it cause it branches off the main feed in the ceiling and comes down inside wall. Only place I could, is cut a hole in wall and create a ton of extra work. So, whole house has to stay off till done... Starting to do some wall repair work for now. Probably get back to the plumbing tomorrow.

Makes your wonder sometimes on how the systems were installed. My place in PA was smart. All copper but it had shutoff valves set up where you could isolate every faucet or feed.

Plumbing issues always require a minimum of 3 trips to the hardware store to resolve. The first trip before the project begins, buy what you think are the proper pieces. Trip #2 after initial disassembly, return or attempt to return those pieces from the first trip and replace them with the matching pieces of what you brought to the store as examples. Trip #3 after re-assembly begins, gather the parts to repair the broken fixtures that broke while attempting to tighten them, which all broke at about the 6 lb/ft of torque point :BangHead:

Plumbing issues always require a minimum of 3 trips to the hardware store to resolve. The first trip before the project begins, buy what you think are the proper pieces. Trip #2 after initial disassembly, return or attempt to return those pieces from the first trip and replace them with the matching pieces of what you brought to the store as examples. Trip #3 after re-assembly begins, gather the parts to repair the broken fixtures that broke while attempting to tighten them, which all broke at about the 6 lb/ft of torque point :BangHead:
I decided to skip the first trip where you get all the wrong stuff. So should only take 2 tries. :thumbsup:

I still have my Chevy pick up and don't have to sell my Scamp so not to bad really.
Worked at the port in Washington state from 1988 till 2000 Most of the Japan and Korean cars were off loaded from ships there and we shipped them out on rail or semi. Was great fun driving all the different cars. My favorite was the Mazda Miata and of course the RX7.
Rotary power!

Was a great day! Got the floor supports in. Box is sitting on frame just how i want it (ish).
Dropped floor back in and squared box to fit floor. My storage compartment worked out pretty good too.

95DEF72F-FF0F-496F-90F4-03108D0A09E5.jpeg

12203BD2-F1C1-4428-AA16-46ABA2385C3E.jpeg

-
Back