Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I bet they are, hope all goes well at the dentist and the Vet today.
I tried and tried to talk the pup into going to the dentist in my place, she said no way! She weighed in at 55 pounds this morning so she has put on some weight but is in all likelihood as big as she is going to get. Literally exactly 1/2 of Hemis weight. The Mals are a much smaller breed than the Eastern Germany Shepard’s.

I tried and tried to talk the pup into going to the dentist in my place, she said no way! She weighed in at 55 pounds this morning so she has put on some weight but is in all likelihood as big as she is going to get. Literally exactly 1/2 of Hemis weight. The Mals are a much smaller breed than the Eastern Germany Shepard’s.
I love the way you take care of them, and I KNOW they take care of you and your crew, miss my buddy, he was the best ... Treva and I are going to travel more this year, and coming years, or I would get me another protector and caring four legged family member

20181114_160914.jpg

Well that wasn't bad at all, already dropped the tank. I had a syphon but it didn't do anything so I thought it was empty. It had some in it no big deal. I had to cut off one of the air shock fittings, but other than a tight bolt on the tank strap, all good. The dual pumps had hard lines so I disconnected them from the sending unit and the pumps to make things easier.

IMG_7659.JPG

IMG_7662.JPG

IMG_7666.JPG

IMG_7667.JPG

IMG_7671.JPG

IMG_7672.JPG

IMG_7674.JPG

IMG_7676.JPG

Well that wasn't bad at all, already dropped the tank. I had a syphon but it didn't do anything so I thought it was empty. It had some in it no big deal. I had to cut off one of the air shock fittings, but other than a tight bolt on the tank strap, all good. The dual pumps had hard lines so I disconnected them from the sending unit and the pumps to make things easier.

View attachment 1716084611

View attachment 1716084612

View attachment 1716084613

View attachment 1716084614

View attachment 1716084615

View attachment 1716084616

View attachment 1716084617

View attachment 1716084619

Tank looks good inside, should be a easy cleanup

Morning fellers, got back from Pate swap meet and I'm plum wore out. Walked close to 20 miles in the three days there. Bought a Bonneville speed trials clock from 1952 that still works. Also, a dicast shelf made from a model A grill shell, and a set of 69 A body bucket seats. Don't know why I grabbed the seats, but I did, good shape just the wrong upholstery pattern.

I am undecided on cleaning it............... For not much $ in the big picture, I can get a tank, new straps, bolts etc. not sure on that sending unit with the 2 hard lines?
From the pic through the sending unit hole that tank looks almost new inside.... swish some clean gas around in it and see how it looks... The sending unit with 2 lines is a keeper since i believe you have 2 carbs? if you don't then you are going to need to make a new setup with like a 7/8" fuel line to feed those properly.

P.S. i assume it has 1 fuel line to each pump then 2 lines upto the carbs? I didn't look over the cars thread but that would make sense having the 2 pumps like that?

I am undecided on cleaning it............... For not much $ in the big picture, I can get a tank, new straps, bolts etc. not sure on that sending unit with the 2 hard lines?
If your sender works leave it. The new repop senders are not accurate. If your sender is rebuildable go that direction.

From the pic through the sending unit hole that tank looks almost new inside.... swish some clean gas around in it and see how it looks... The sending unit with 2 lines is a keeper since i believe you have 2 carbs? if you don't then you are going to need to make a new setup with like a 7/8" fuel line to feed those properly.

P.S. i assume it has 1 fuel line to each pump then 2 lines upto the carbs? I didn't look over the cars thread but that would make sense having the 2 pumps like that?
Thanks, yes 2 carbs............

7/8 fuel line? 1/2" should be enough I would think. Mine is 3/8 and keeps plenty of fuel. He has more motor but at 6500 I am still good

7/8 fuel line? 1/2" should be enough I would think. Mine is 3/8 and keeps plenty of fuel. He has more motor but at 6500 I am still good
Fair enough... i was told 3/8 for 1 carb.. figured 2 would want a lot more.

not sure I am assuming it works.............we did not fire it up before pulling the engine.
There should be a resistance measurement empty and full. can check and flip tank upside down to see the change. At work our senders are 33-240Ω

There should be a resistance measurement empty and full. can check and flip tank upside down to see the change
And you can ground the sender wire at the tank with the key on and the fuel gauge should go to or past full. If it does you know the gauge and wiring to the back are good.

And you can ground the sender wire at the tank with the key on and the fuel gauge should go to or past full. If it does you know the gauge and wiring to the back are good.
another good check, but he has it out of the car right now, so thinking of what he can do on the floor.

-
Back