Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just finished the start of another chin spoiler. In a few hours I'll take it out of the mold and hope no bad spots.

My point is/was, by staying with the same brand as the failed (possibly) valve body, there’s no way to rule out the design of the valve body being the cause. Same brand means you’re hoping it’s a QC issue and not a design flaw
No. It might be a re build issue by a trans rebuilder not familiar with this type valve body

Paint arrived for the floor...

Thoughts on prep? It's getting buried but I want it cleaned up for good adhesion. Wire brush, sand, cleaning solvent, combination?

IMG_20240904_171614263_HDR_AE.jpg

Paint arrived for the floor...

Thoughts on prep? It's getting buried but I want it cleaned up for good adhesion. Wire brush, sand, cleaning solvent, combination?

View attachment 1716299096
Just my 2 cents Chris and hard to tell from the picture but is there some rust spots in the floor I'm seeing?
What are you putting over the bare metal?

Just my 2 cents Chris and hard to tell from the picture but is there some rust spots in the floor I'm seeing?
What are you putting over the bare metal?
There's some surface rust I want cleaned up and it's a hodgepodge of old paint, and glue etc...

The white painted part that was behind the seat has a kind of greasy dirt coating that needs cleaned.

IMG_20240904_180038690_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240904_180050753_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20240904_180101092_HDR_AE.jpg

I've got Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Platinum...

Figured bare spots needed epoxy primer? Yes?

Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Platinum
I'm not real familiar with Eastwood on overall bare metal with no rust, or putting Epoxy over it. It should be ok to do it the way you're thinking and just let the Eastwood dry then sand and put Epoxy over the whole floor. Just my Idea Chris I'm not a educated know it all smart guy.

K.. i had never heard of denim pads before but they are amazing.. used that and osern (sp?) leveling compound to flatten my paint and the stuff is pretty amazing.. flattened it out fast without scratches.. Will need a finish polish but that's bout it.. That being said.. I kinda wanna 400 them and try again, I don't get how the tops can be soo wavey.. i spent weeks on the fuckers and couldn't feel a thing before shooting them. That and some fisheye.. will leave them for now.. Just annoying is all :)
Not a great angle.. but almost all orange peel gone... And i did break through on a front edge so it matches the rest of the car :)
1725491457688.png

K.. i had never heard of denim pads before but they are amazing.. used that and osern (sp?) leveling compound to flatten my paint and the stuff is pretty amazing.. flattened it out fast without scratches.. Will need a finish polish but that's bout it.. That being said.. I kinda wanna 400 them and try again, I don't get how the tops can be soo wavey.. i spent weeks on the fuckers and couldn't feel a thing before shooting them. That and some fisheye.. will leave them for now.. Just annoying is all :)
Not a great angle.. but almost all orange peel gone... And i did break through on a front edge so it matches the rest
Looks good Ice.

Not a great angle.. but almost all orange peel gone... And i did break through on a front edge so it matches the rest of the car :)
View attachment 1716299125
Looks good to me!

I'm not real familiar with Eastwood on overall bare metal with no rust, or putting Epoxy over it. It should be ok to do it the way you're thinking and just let the Eastwood dry then sand and put Epoxy over the whole floor. Just my Idea Chris I'm not a educated know it all smart guy.
Thanks Fred...

Yeah... Consider the Eastwood product to be kinda like POR15. Does that help?

Oh I’m not gonna sleep tonight. Two BIG VA calls tomorrow. Hoping for a positive outcome but doubtful

Thanks Fred...

Yeah... Consider the Eastwood product to be kinda like POR15. Does that help?
Yea should be fine. Just remember the term encapsulated just means it seals off any air or moisture from getting in and letting the rust continue it eating the metal. If it doesn't seal off properly then it's a problem.
Don't really think your car is going to be in a lot of salt or water so don't see it rusting away too fast.

Yea should be fine. Just remember the term encapsulated just means it seals off any air or moisture from getting in and letting the rust continue it eating the metal. If it doesn't seal off properly then it's a problem.
Don't really think your car is going to be in a lot of salt or water so don't see it rusting away too fast.
No.. Not at all. ... Would it just be better to prep the surface and do primer?

I overthink the crap out of everything

-
Back