Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That is a good thing. Still got my number? Call me if you need some half assed advice.

Seems like my turkeyday holiday will be wirewheeling the **** out of the underside of this car. lol

Nope, but I know a few people who do. I think my local home depot also rents them out?

Didn't realize how much rot mine had when I got it.. First decision I made in deciding not to scrap the car was to buy a welder and learn how to use it. I didn't have anything as bad as what you showed on the frame. I did patch a few spots where a small side or bottom area was rotting( usually around an original punch hole, but the corners of the rails were still solid. Mine is staying slant 6. If I had planned to increase power much I probably would have cut a lot deeper.

At this point, I'm only $500 in, am almost wondering if I should search for a better car to start with.

Get some cut of wheels and they have these sanding disks that work great. I actually use the ones from harbor freight. They work fine and are cheap. 10 for under $10 The sanding flap wheel things I will find a pic get it in 80 grit, you will not be sorry. Also might want to pick up a cheap face shield, you will be amazed what will fall out. You want to check the arbor size on the grinder the wheels come in different hole sizes.

Get some cut of wheels and they have these sanding disks that work great. I actually use the ones from harbor freight. They work fine and are cheap. 10 for under $10 The sanding flap wheel things I will find a pic get it in 80 grit, you will not be sorry. Also might want to pick up a cheap face shield, you will be amazed what will fall out. You want to check the arbor size on the grinder the wheels come in different hole sizes.

I use the harbor freight 4.5 cut off discs as well.

These

Attachments

• pl1807072-angle_grinder_flap_disc_type_p27_p120_grit_zirconia_alumina_sanding_disc.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 107
At this point, I'm only $500 in, am almost wondering if I should search for a better car to start with.

If the rest is good, no major other body work I would keep it. Got some pics of the whole car?

My experience hase been, if you dont have some kind of budget set aside before you start, its 100 times more difficult for the project to reach completion and it just sits. I like to have the parts in hand before cutting.

If the rest is good, no major other body work I would keep it. Got some pics of the whole car?
Couple interior pics here http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=332050

Nice uncracked tan dash, everything is pretty, just gotta deal with the frame and couple body panels.

My experience hase been, if you dont have some kind of budget set aside before you start, its 100 times more difficult for the project to reach completion and it just sits. I like to have the parts in hand before cutting.

I planned for around $200 or so every 2 weeks, close to $400/month.

EDIT: Are the frame rails the same between the '70-72 and '73+ years?

Good morning...one of those days "off," with trips to the other side of town spaced too far apart. 8 a.m. Dermatologist (what was I thinking,) Noon, lunch with a friend who I rarely get to see, 4 p.m. a "dinner" party. In quotes because it's a former coworker who's a nice guy, but he and his wife get so schnockered, last time "dinner" ended up being them just talking about a package of chicken thighs, and the guests brought our own food which we finally took charge and grilled and got on the table.

I'm riding with a friend, we decided on a secret signal word for "let's get out of here." Last time I left when the wife couldn't form words and she was stuck on the sofa like a beached whale.

After lunch ran late and the transportation plans got reshuffled I suddenly decided screw the dinner party. Came home and passed out. Got word just now the hosts put the bird in the oven but forgot to turn it on...I knew it!! Man am I glad to be home having a quiet cup of coffee...I guess I'll bring this huge bowl of home made pimento cheese in to work.

Hey Keith! Just got woken up around 330 and been up since. Wish I could work.

Runnin a little later than usual. Almost ready to head out the door. Short week, so figure I outa get in there...

-
Back