Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Two things to do, first swap the radiator cap for a modern one and see what happens. Second, run a compression test.

Two things to do, first swap the radiator cap for a modern one and see what happens. Second, run a compression test.
What's the pressure number ,on the cap ? 5 to 6 ,for no overflow tank ,rough 12 to 16 for overflow tank. 3 degrees of cooling response, for every pound increase . Running too big pressure cap, can damage cooling system parts. What is the temp ,originated poster ?

dam
**** hub.jpg
NO MORE EXPATATIONS!

Disclaimer!

I thought you left Rani. If you go back you will see a Daffy image shaking a can of paint being thrown up by certain members here. It looks like Daffy is doing something else but he is truly shaking a can of spray paint. I cannot show it here because I do not have it on my computer! But certain members do and those certain members like to use it against other "cool" members

dartnabout, Feb 17, 2018

Got it home. Found the problem. The over flow connection on the overflow itself was clogged, which is a ***** to get to as you have to remove an armor plate

Yeah. Thanks for the tips. Question, if it was the head gasket, wouldn't it had been doing it as the engine was running, not waiting until it warmed up some?
Depends on when the gasket fully failed. Also, heat expansion can have a big effect.

Yeah. Thanks for the tips. Question, if it was the head gasket, wouldn't it had been doing it as the engine was running, not waiting until it warmed up some?

I have run a POS car for months (very short trips) with a blown head gasket. Never added coolant to it... go figure.

I woulda blowed the line with compressed air.would have discovered the blockage.
Good you solved it.
VICTORY!!

-
Back