They Live Among Us.....

-

MMRJR

Reaction score
My husband and I went through the McDonald's driveway window and I gave the cashier a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25c. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the 25c, and said 'We're sorry but we don’t do that kind of thing.' The cashier then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change.
Do not confuse the people at McDonald's.

We had to have the garage door repaired. The repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'You need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two.' We haven't used that repairman since...

I live in a semi rural area.
We recently had a new neighbor call the local city council office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deers are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'
IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE.

My daughter went to a Mexican fast food and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

The pedestrian light on the corner beeps when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an 'intellectually challenged' co-worker of mine. She asked if I knew what the beeper was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'what on earth are blind people doing driving?!'
She is a government employee.....

When my wife and I arrived at a car dealership to pick up our car after a service, we were told the keys had been locked in it.We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver’s side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
‘Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!'
His reply, 'I know. I already did that side.'
STAY ALERT!

This is no BS.
I was cleaning a coffee maker with vinegar and without my being right there at the moment to notice, a woman used the vinegar water to make coffee.
She took a sip of the coffee and wanted to call the police to report that I had tried to poison her.
She was finally talked out of it by others, but swore to the others that vinegar was poisonous.
I kinda wished she would have called just to see the reaction she got.

This one is more ignorance than just stupid, but we had a customer want a Windows reinstall because the current installation was so jacked up.
Once the job was done with all the Windows updates, Java, Antivirus software and ready for the internet she called saying I had not done a full Windows installation.

When questioned a bit further as to why she thought it was a partial Windows install she stated that her neighbor who also had the same Windows version that she did had Print Shop Platinum but she didn't.
I explained to her that Print Shop did not come as part of the software on a Windows OS install disc (which she supplied) and had come with her computer when new.
I explained that Print Shop was a separate program that would need to be installed, but she didn't believe me.
She started into "I'm going to sue you" for not installing the full version of Windows.:rolleyes:

After weeks of her calling harassing and threatening the Wife about it I finally found a possible solution, and told her to call around for the version of the Windows operating system that has Print Shop included and I would buy it and reinstall the entire OS.

I guess she got tired of being told that there was no such thing because she never brought it up again.

Last edited:
To the OP..... time to get out of Wisconsin... the brains have started to curd
cheddar-head-380x254.png

Saturday I went to Walmart and got two bags of bird seed. The total came to $15.17 so I got 17 cents out of my pocket and handed it to the girl and then got a twenty out of my wallet. She gave me a really puzled look and then entered something into her register. She handed me back four ones and 83 cents in change. Then along with the reciept returned my 17 cents.
And if you want to really throw 'em for a loop hand them change after you have given them bills and they enter those into thier register!

I used to always carry 5 pennies with me when I left the house each day just in case I needed to make up for odd purchase amounts and eliminate the chance of getting more pennies in change.
I stopped a couple of years ago because todays young people working as cashiers cannot make any mental calculations.
The continuing 'dumbing down' of America. Pathetic.

I used to always carry 5 pennies with me when I left the house each day just in case I needed to make up for odd purchase amounts and eliminate the chance of getting more pennies in change.
I stopped a couple of years ago because todays young people working as cashiers cannot make any mental calculations.
The continuing 'dumbing down' of America. Pathetic.
And to think, these people will vote eventually if not already !
The people around here havne not got that bad yet.

Reminds me of a college student wanting Bernie sanders to win the pres. election , so she could go to college free .

Lol. I get my fountain drinks at the Tobacco barn close to my job. Its a little 15x30 building in the parking lot of the grocery store. When I stopped in Friday to get my drink the ladies told me they were sorry but they had to turn off the fountain drink machine. They said it was a miracle that they had not all died. "The Co2 was leaking in the building and we smoke in here!" "It's a miracle we were not blown to bits!"

For the record, you only need to carry four pennies.

@TrailBeast - that is exactly why I stopped working on peoples personal computers back in the 1990's. Exactly.

I once paid for part of a purchase with a 50 cent roll of pennies.
The clerk said I had to either write my name, phone number and driver's license info on the roll, or break it open and count it in front of her.
I told her it was really a roll of dimes with a penny on each end.
She then refused to accept it at all, because I was "trying to rip them off", and that I was lucky she wasn't going to call the police.

Lol. I get my fountain drinks at the Tobacco barn close to my job. Its a little 15x30 building in the parking lot of the grocery store. When I stopped in Friday to get my drink the ladies told me they were sorry but they had to turn off the fountain drink machine. They said it was a miracle that they had not all died. "The Co2 was leaking in the building and we smoke in here!" "It's a miracle we were not blown to bits!"
I pushed the like button but I did really want to push the agree button to mess with you! LOL

Even 40 years ago I liked to carry 50's. Most people, even those who in general could count backward would be baffled.

One night we asked a female driver why she kept stopping at the stop signs. She figured she was supposed to, until we informed her that the ones with the white borders all the way around were optional. That was the craziest ride I have ever been on.

We drove another girl around for a couple hours while she tried to show us how to get to H street which she knew was nearby. Yup... hospital sign.

An old man in Mc Donalds gave the girl a 50 cent piece. She said "I'm sorry, we only take American money."

Just for fun, ask people what is heavier, a pound of lead, or a pound of feathers. It still works.

A bunch of us rented some movies. One of the girls gave me a credit card to pay for it all. The clerk ran the card through and I signed the ticket. Then he figured out my name probably wasn't Sarah, and accused me of forging a credit receipt. I told him I signed my own name, so how could it be forged. It took him a while.

Even 40 years ago I liked to carry 50's. Most people, even those who in general could count backward would be baffled.

One night we asked a female driver why she kept stopping at the stop signs. She figured she was supposed to, until we informed her that the ones with the white borders all the way around were optional. That was the craziest ride I have ever been on.

We drove another girl around for a couple hours while she tried to show us how to get to H street which she knew was nearby. Yup... hospital sign.

An old man in Mc Donalds gave the girl a 50 cent piece. She said "I'm sorry, we only take American money."

Just for fun, ask people what is heavier, a pound of lead, or a pound of feathers. It still works.

A bunch of us rented some movies. One of the girls gave me a credit card to pay for it all. The clerk ran the card through and I signed the ticket. Then he figured out my name probably wasn't Sarah, and accused me of forging a credit receipt. I told him I signed my own name, so how could it be forged. It took him a while.

When I go to the hospital the nurses ask "
How tall are you? I answer 4 feet 26 inches.
Over 90 % cannot figure it out.

When a friend of mine told her sister she was expecting, she said "Hey! You're going to be an aunt!"

Her sister excitedly responded "Or an uncle!!"

My Dad, still to this day orders deli meat by the dollar amount, rather than by weight. You should see how that screws up the people behind the counter.

When I go to the hospital the nurses ask "
How tall are you? I answer 4 feet 26 inches.
Over 90 % cannot figure it out.

I've used that in the past too. It's amazing to see the look on peoples faces when they hear that. About every time the reply is, "Oh, you're waaay taller than that."

When people ask me what time it is, I'll say 26 minutes until 4:15....I like to make them work for it.

Jeff

I once stopped at the local grocery store to pick up a dozen donuts for me and my coworkers. I boxed them myself, and when I got to the register the girl asked, "How many?" I answered, " I don't remember if I got 12 or an even dozen!" I repeated that line several times, then she said that she would just charge me the discounted dozen price. After paying, I smiled and said, "By the way, 12 IS a dozen." She looked at me in disbelief!

Kids today can't learn to write because they're only playing with devices....I want off now.

One of my favorite games is, after we go out to dinner to pay with a card
Let's say the bill is 23.17, I'll tell them to make it an even 30, and watch them sweat

Few years ago we had a city wide power outage so I stopped by the gas station on the way home to buy some ice. Went inside to prepay and the kid said he couldn't sell me any because his cash register didn't work and he couldn't make change. I paid $20 of $15 for ice and told him to keep the change. It was all gonna melt anyhow!

My Dad, still to this day orders deli meat by the dollar amount, rather than by weight. You should see how that screws up the people behind the counter.
I did that today.I said I wanted S5 worth of jojo's at 3.49 a lb...Sadly the counter person said so about 1 and half pounds.The best part was the store has wooden cutouts above where products once were. "School Supplies" was above all the hard liquor and cigarettes.I pointed it to a guy behind me and we both started laughing.

-
Back