Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I just cut about 80% of my carbs which seemed to do the trick. I went in and got on a machine which measures your body makeup. muscle, water, fat, etc... It said my ideal body weight was 206. Well, I'm now and feel I got at least another 10-15 to go. 185 not sure with my built I could do that. I don't want to lose any muscle. A lack of muscle or strength is a big problem with people as they age. I'm almost 67 and going to maintain what I got. I still play softball year-round, take care of five acres, lift, walk the golf course, a lot of other things people at my age don't do but I can and still enjoy doing it.
cool.. and yeah carbs are key.. that's the way i lost weight also.. my sister counts calories and complains that she keeps gaining weight.. i got her son on Keto for 3 months and he lost 45# without working out (he can't) and she still thinks it doesn't work.. people are weird.

I just cut about 80% of my carbs which seemed to do the trick. I went in and got on a machine which measures your body makeup. muscle, water, fat, etc... It said my ideal body weight was 206. Well, I'm now and feel I got at least another 10-15 to go. 185 not sure with my built I could do that. I don't want to lose any muscle. A lack of muscle or strength is a big problem with people as they age. I'm almost 67 and going to maintain what I got. I still play softball year-round, take care of five acres, lift, walk the golf course, a lot of other things people at my age don't do but I can and still enjoy doing it.
I get the muscle loss issue.
For me. basically not being able to do much for 7 months now, has not helped me much. I do what I can but I doubt at over 70. I will build much back. I just try to stay flexable.

cool.. and yeah carbs are key.. that's the way i lost weight also.. my sister counts calories and complains that she keeps gaining weight.. i got her son on Keto for 3 months and he lost 45# without working out (he can't) and she still thinks it doesn't work.. people are weird.
I see a lot of those complainers walking around every day. I roughly count calories to make sure I've eaten enough in a day.

I get the muscle loss issue.
For me. basically not being able to do much for 7 months now, has not helped me much. I do what I can but I doubt at over 70. I will build much back. I just try to stay flexable.
Yep stretch that is key to flexibility. Get some small barbells and just do a couple muscle group exercises 2-3 sets no more than 15 reps. Start small and build up to a point you add weight. You'll feel better in no time.

Yep stretch that is key to flexibility. Get some small barbells and just do a couple muscle group exercises 2-3 sets no more than 15 reps. Start small and build up to a point you add weight. You'll feel better in no time.
Thanks I have them.
I was doing cardio exercises also.i go back on the 12th for a surgical redo. Temp fix. Then back again in a month for hopefully a permanent.
Nothing life threatening.
Just looks like Carslie is out for me This year.

Thanks I have them.
I was doing cardio exercises also.i go back on the 12th for a surgical redo. Temp fix. Then back again in a month for hopefully a permanent.
Nothing life threatening.
Just looks like Carslie is out for me This year.
My goal is to just keep moving. Like we've all heard if you don't use it you lose it. Keep it going you'll be fine.

I'm down to 206. With my build at 6'1 I've never been able for 40 years to get below 197 to many years of lifting weights. I still lift but no heavy stuff anymore. Goal I'm not sure just keep plugging away and see where I end up. I apparently inspired the wife she's down 22 pounds. Nice to have her on board too.
Hah! Don’t let her lose to much weight, she is not exactly hard to look at now! Jodi is doing similar process in preparation for our Boys wedding next month. She is determined to be a bit slimmer. I tried to explain to her that I just don’t like bony, skinny girls but she is having none of it. She is on a mission. I have watched her try on about a million dresses so far.

Morning gents...

Another piece of the puzzle. . My brother gave me an Edelbrock 1406 that he pulled off his 350

Nice, quiet morning.... Rain coming in though.
Get a tuning kit and set it up like a 1405. 1406 are set up more for fuel economy than performance. I had to fiddle with mine to get rid of the flat spot off idle.

Tike get that Thunder last night?
I see a couple leafy branches down back. Not sure if that was from while I was grillin or if it got rough again overnight. Probably mow around the house this morning. More storms expected later. Rinse and repeat - literally.

Good Morning

Sunny and 90° today. Everyone here is off to work today. Shorts, t shirt, and a cap are the proper attire for today's lawn mowing.

Do you mow the lawn or cut the grass? My neighbor would often "catch it". I always bagged it.

soo.... you guys paint your fender tag when painting a bay or pull it and put it back with original paint?

Keep it original get's my vote.
That's my plan... just think it might look odd since it will not look like the rest of the bay.. I was surprised there was ZERO rust under it or the screw holes when i removed it.. this car is weird for a mich car

Morning!
Nice morning, going to be a not so hot day today.
Car show, we got all set up and it poured cats and dogs. Then it quit. Got stinkin hot. Lots of cars showed up, 83 total. That is a good turnnout for a small town. They do a 50/50 draw, winner got $850, also very good. So the club broke even for the show.

Super dry here, lawn? CutWeeds
Last couple was weed leveling. With all the rain I am actually cutting green grass again.
Do you mow the lawn or cut the grass? My neighbor would often "catch it". I always bagged it.
I say it a variety of ways. I don't catch or bag. Haven't even done that for leaves in at least a few years. If too much laying on top I just keep going over it till it disappears

Morning!
Nice morning, going to be a not so hot day today.
Car show, we got all set up and it poured cats and dogs. Then it quit. Got stinkin hot. Lots of cars showed up, 83 total. That is a good turnnout for a small town. They do a 50/50 draw, winner got $850, also very good. So the club broke even for the show.
That reminds me... Car show in town at the park tomorrow.

-
Back